+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A tragic end to our evening

nighthawk Guest

Default A tragic end to our evening

I took Amy shopping after work tonight. It was a beautiful night until we got home. We were informed that a 14 year old neighbor boy of ours that lives up the road a few miles has committed suicide. State police have not released the name yet but we are pretty certain that we know who it is. The troopers did say that the lad jumped out in front of a tractor-trailer truck on the Route 11&15 Expressway that passes in front of his home. At this time neither the name of the young man nor the truck driver has been released but if you think of it can you put in a word or kind thought for all involved?

We know there are many tears yet to come but we will do everything we can for our neighbors.

Oh to be able to have these kids learn, it will get better, before it's too late. My prayers go out to his family and the driver of the truck.
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Eric,

The Lord knows his name and I will pray for his family and your community in this time of troubles. Numbers 6:24-26. As always, Best Regards....
    Exploring the waters of western Montana...

Eric, prayers are on the way, Please let the family know we care.
    Wyo-Blizzard

Prayers sent for the family and the truck driver. The driver was an innocent passerby who did ask to be involve and it may take years for him to recover fully. Since moving to GA 19 years ago we have made friends with two families who have had children take their lives. They never fully recover, 80% of the time the parents divorce. Encourage them to seek counseling if possible.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joel D. Popham View Post
    Eric,

The Lord knows his name and I will pray for his family and your community in this time of troubles. Numbers 6:24-26. As always, Best Regards....
    My prayers as well. Joel, that passage from Numbers is perfect.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Prayers going out to all.
    It is truly sad that so many young people are suicidal. Good advice from Uncle Jesse.
    God Bless,
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Most of us probably know someone who has taken their own life. A lifelong friend of mine put a .357 in his mouth and pulled the trigger. He was in his late 30's at the time. I've faithfully put flowers on his grave each Memorial day for over 40 years.... I usually take that opportunity to cus at him for what he took from me and his family.

Blog Entries

My prayers and thoughts go out to the boys family, you and yours, no father or mother is meant to out live their child.. but God has his plans...
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

My prayers and thoughts go out to your community , the family and the poor truck driver. Many of us know families who have lost someone this way, there are never any real answers as to why. Hopefully the local churches and schools will provide counseling for his friends to help prevent more of this kind of trgedy.
    There are no atheist in a trout stream.

+ Reply to Thread