+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uv light

Sean---you can kill 2 birds with one stone if you get a new flyrod !! --- just joking----i drive past the Backpackers on the way home every night---clear it with Reece and ill swap it out for you.---Pm me with your phone and ill tell you where my business is (around the corner from you)

Mike
    "She had hooks to make a fish think twice!" ---Chris Smither-"Lola"

Shorthaul,

Oh Mike I have been fighting the urge for a new rod for about 2 years. Actually fighting the urge for 3 rods for about 2 years 3 wt. 8 wt. and a spay rod, the 8 and spay for steelhead.

Thanks for your offer I will shoot you a PM

Kelkay,

I saved a buck with a bid BUT would not have minded if I spent the buck. Great quality light not made in the USA but distributed by a US company, ledwholesalers inc. Got it yesterday and it appears to be bomb proof, bright, again great quality and will be pleased I am sure for years to come.

Jszymczk,

The light I purchased is a Loon mini light. The first time I used the light it was bright and cured the Loon's Knot Sense and was very happy. Then it got dimmer and dimmer and would not cure the glue (3 flies later). I replaced the batteries and stayed dim and would not cast enough light to show on my hand.

I do know what you mean by brightness or as they say in the flashlight biz "candela power or lumens" and yes you are correct a UV light is not bright. A Loon Mini light kicks out about (guessing) 1/2 candela or the power of half birthday candle.

This light http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390257653714 I would put at 5 candela power. It is stated that it will give you 20 hours on 3 triple A?s

If you are looking for a better UV light check this one out. I am very pleased and can recommend it for fly tying and LEO application.

Guys and Gals I can not stress this enough LOON'S UV KNOT SENSE is a great product and I can and will recommend it to anyone. BACKPACKER is also a great place that I can and will recommend, expensive and high end stuff, but recommendable.

I got a bum light it's just been my luck lately.

Lew and Ron thanks for your input and I will let you know how Backpackers responded.
    Thanks Old Man GO IRISH!

I use a lot of loon uv and when I tie a bunch of streamers--and use the power of the sun---even with a dedicated light the surface is often tacky and will give the fly a coat of sally's --

+ Reply to Thread