+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oprah on the water

Uncle Jesse. Regarding Oprah and how she looks in waders.I'm not sure what to say other than from a woman's perspective, I find your comments rather insulting. I've seen a LOT of men in waders that don't exactly make a pretty picture either. Have you ever helped your woman find a pair of waders or other angling clothing? There isn't exactly a huge selection out there designed specifically for women. Not every female who wants to go fishing is going to look like April Vokey.

As for those elbow to elbow crowds you see on Opening Day in Michigan and the west coast...well that's strictly steelhead fishing. No worries. You won't have that happen where you are because there are no steelhead where you live and fish.

If your just going for cute little trout, you won't see crowds.
    Last edited by Mato Kuwapi; 10-19-2010 at 07:32 PM.
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh

"Catch and Release,...like Corrections Canada" ~ Rick Mercer

I'm not an Oprah fan. I don't think I fit into the target demographics for her program. If I run into her or one of her fans on the river I'll be as helpful as possible to the newcomers and maybe if I run into April Vokey she'll be as helpful to me.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mato Kuwapi View Post
    Uncle Jesse. Regarding Oprah and how she looks in waders.I'm not sure what to say other than from a woman's perspective, I find your comments rather insulting. I've seen a LOT of men in waders that don't exactly make a pretty picture either. Have you ever helped your woman find a pair of waders or other angling clothing? There isn't exactly a huge selection out there designed specifically for women. Not every female who wants to go fishing is going to look like April Vokey.

As for those elbow to elbow crowds you see on Opening Day in Michigan and the west coast...well that's strictly steelhead fishing. No worries. You won't have that happen where you are because there are no steelhead where you live and fish.

If your just going for cute little trout, you won't see crowds.
    Mato, personally I'd much rather see you, Betty Hiner, or LadyFisher on the stream anytime than April Vokey. The friendship I've found with y'all is far more valuable. I don't know April and she might be a fine person, but I haven't eaten at Gates Lodge or Spike's with her.

Ed

P.S. I'm reliably informed you often go for cute big trout.

Here is some info about good ol' Donny Beaver

http://troutunderground.com/2007/08/...-heading-west/

http://www.springridgeclubs.com/news...idge_club.html

Sound like alot of fun for about 80k

Ed,

Thanks! That was nice!

I've met April a couple of times. She's been up this way for some of the Spey Claves. She's actually quite nice. I'm also quite jealous of her opportunities. Back to the, "I was born 30 years too early thing". I have kids older than her. Oh well. No one want's to see a white haired, over weight, bear chewed old woman in waders on a fly fishing magazine cover. If Uncle Jesse and others thought Oprah looked bad in waders....??? LOL
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mato Kuwapi View Post
    Ed,

Thanks! That was nice!

I've met April a couple of times. She's been up this way for some of the Spey Claves. She's actually quite nice. I'm also quite jealous of her opportunities. Back to the, "I was born 30 years too early thing". I have kids older than her. Oh well. No one want's to see a white haired, over weight, bear chewed old woman in waders on a fly fishing magazine cover. If Uncle Jesse and others thought Oprah looked bad in waders....??? LOL
    Mato, I've seen you in waders and I very much hope to again. Oprah would probably look bad in waders because she would not feel at home in them. That is a problem that you don't have. I still remember you standing 100 yards downstream in the Au Sable about 01:00 hours one morning and waving goodbye to us guys who were packing it in. Now if we can just get you interested in 'gills and smallmouth (& other bass), we might see you standing in a Tennessee river someday.

Ed

You mean like these??? LOL

I can walk down to the river from my house and get big smallies, bluegill, carp, walleye, pike, gar and all sorts of other things....maybe a whole 400 yard walk away. Not that I wouldn't want to come to Tennessee...like when it's snowing up here.

+ Reply to Thread