+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: An East Tennessee Gathering

FOUR more Days and We're there!!!! Is it Friday yet? I feel like a kid waiting on Santa Claus again. It'll NEVER get here. Come to think of it, I haven't seen Santa in quite some time. I been bad. Seriously though, we should get there Friday evening. AJ's in kindergarten now, but I already cleared it with his teacher so he gets off at lunch. He's going to be a real chip off the block, cause just like me, he's going to start playing hookie from school and going fishing at an early age. lol.

Jason

BTW Is it friday yet?!?
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

Jason,

Hey, you missed the "gathering"! It was last weekend! We had a great time and missed you!

Now that I have your attention, see you on Friday evening.........

PS - Jean, Deb said that next year we need to have the "gathering" a week early since the Quilting Guild was this past weekend in Townsend and you all missed it!!
    Looking forward to seeing you and Bill again.....
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenP View Post
    Jason,

Hey, you missed the "gathering"! It was last weekend! We had a great time and missed you!
    Hey warren that's not nice Is it friday yet?
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

Talking Aha!!

What have I done, what have I done?? I have been out flanked and may become the first ever to host a FAOL "Quilt-In"!

Hmmmmm....! That may not be so bad ya know. The Quilters will love the chance to visit new places and improve their art. The Fly Fishers will be able to do the same and if we are real nice we may even get a good hot meal too! I've got to go ponder this development some more, may take awhile so just relax!!

So next year it is a week earlier, I have spoken!! Cover me here guys I need a lot of backing!! Ok??

WoooHoooo! Instead of waiting to leave on Thursday morning, we will be leaving Kalamazoo as soon as Bill gets off on Wednesday (God please let it be slow!), he gets a shower and we get in the truck. Hum, oh yeah, I'v got to remember the cookies I baked.

That way we'll have all day Thursday to play and see our friends and wonderful nature, instead of heading south on the interstate.

Look out Ohio! I'll be driving the first part of the trip.
    Jean

Fly tying supplies make the best quilt embellishments!

Weather's supposed to be beautiful this weekend... lows in upper 40's, highs in mid to upper 70's. Fishing is said to be very good in the Park. From Little River: Nymphs seem to be doing best but trout are taking dry flies too. I would have the following nymphs in my fly box: Prince #10, #12, Tellico #12-#14, Bead Head Pheasant Tail #12, #14, #16, Green Weenie #12 or a Hare’s Ear in #12, #14, #16. Copper Johns in red or copper would also be good to try. For a dry I would certainly have some Parachute Adams in different sizes, Thunderheads, Yellow Stimulators, Blue Wing Olives and Elk Hair Caddis in orange or yellow would be good to have on hand.

Everyone have a safe trip!

John

Snow? The Weather Channel said you all have snow, pray it isn't so!

LadyFisher,

No snow here, they did mention the other day there was snow in the Smokey Mountains. The weather forecast for the get-together this weekend in Townsend is looking like 80 degrees and nothing but sunshine and at night mid to upper 40's. Great fishing weather, better than all the 9o's we had since June, thank God for the cooler weather.
    Popperfly>-<(((((*>
    Born to Fish...Forced to Work !

Quote Originally Posted by LadyFisher View Post
    Snow? The Weather Channel said you all have snow, pray it isn't so!
    Yes, Mt LeConte in the Great Smokys National Park got 3 inches. But you have to go way up high in the mountains to see any of that.

Townsend didn't get any snow at all - not cold enough there.

The car is packed, making the final run of the checklists, and will be heading out to pick up Fat Bill and his wife in 15 minutes.

See you all in Townsend!

Brad
    "A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
    -W.C. Fields

+ Reply to Thread