+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bentonville, Arkansas area?

Default Bentonville, Arkansas area?

Anybody on here from that area? I will be there for a wedding next weekend and am looking for something to do saturday morning and maybe sunday morning. Obviously I'll have my vest and a rod or two along "just in case". Ideas?

Zac
    The Green Hornet strikes again!!!

You could go to WALMART. Zac I work with a guy that has family in that area, I will ask him about what might be down there.
    Larry

I am right outside Bentonville. Always happy to have a fellow FAOL'er in the area.
    Arkansas State Coordinator for Reel Recovery
    Board Member of Fly Fishing Federation Southern Council

Idice,

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

Best regards, Dave S. (fishdog54)
    Last edited by fishdog54; 09-17-2010 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Clarification. LOL!

Larry, Larry, Larry... HOW BOUT THEM HAWKS?!?!

Zhoyt, I was looking at maybe a trip to Beaver, but I don't know. I've got a wedding to attend at 2pm saturday afternoon, and will probably be hanging out with folks that evening. Is there a local place where a guy could catch smallmouth? Panfish? Heck, I may even be interested in a trout. Is there a fly shop that's worth checking out, maybe?
    If nothing else, I'll have my tying kit with me and we could meet up and tie.

Zac

Is it BASKETBALL SEASON YET!!!!.
    I would try hitting Bull Shoals. It is closer to Bentonville. I think that would be the best smallmouth chance.
    Larry

If you are in Bentonville try the Beaver Lake Tailwaters. The latest reports have the trout action very good. It is a beautiful spot and not far from Bentonville. I fished it often when I had to be in Bentonville on business.
    There is a good flyshop at the Beaver Dam Store.
    Grandado

Quote Originally Posted by ldice View Post
    Is it BASKETBALL SEASON YET!!!!.
    I would try hitting Bull Shoals. It is closer to Bentonville. I think that would be the best smallmouth chance.
    Larry
    Bull Shoals is two hours away from Bentonville. Beaver Tailwaters must be what your thinking of.

Quote Originally Posted by quivira kid View Post
    Larry, Larry, Larry... HOW BOUT THEM HAWKS?!?!

Zhoyt, I was looking at maybe a trip to Beaver, but I don't know. I've got a wedding to attend at 2pm saturday afternoon, and will probably be hanging out with folks that evening. Is there a local place where a guy could catch smallmouth? Panfish? Heck, I may even be interested in a trout. Is there a fly shop that's worth checking out, maybe?
    If nothing else, I'll have my tying kit with me and we could meet up and tie.

Zac
    If you head north a tad, Elk River is very good smallie fishing and in good shape. Kings River is east and also very good fishing. Beaver Tailwaters is a cold water fishery, but still good fishing. All are within 30-45 minutes.

Drop me an email or text and I will point you to some good spots. I was thinking about taking the drift boat out on the Elk Sunday, you are more than welcome to join.

zmhoyt at gmail .com

zhoyt, AWESOME! I will text you tomorrow.

I think I'd like to try the Beaver tailwaters saturday for the simple facts that I have never caught a wild trout, or anything other than a rainbow. From what I've read and gathered so far, midges and scuds under an indicator seem to be what I will need. Someone else told me sculpins and buggers on the bottom for browns.

So unless someone tells me otherwise, I'm gonna whip up some olive, red, and black zebra midges, olive and brown/orange buggers, and some rabbit hair concoctions. Maybe try my hand at some scuds as well...

What would I need for smallmouth?

+ Reply to Thread