+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: all anglers need to read this now, and pass it on to all fishing forums

Keep in mind just how toxic lead is....sometimes, just by shooting your shotgun into the air, causes waterfowl & gamebirds to simply drop out of the sky! They've even found bunnies dead from lead! Heck....military's across the world have known this for sometime. Most have discarded the sword and hacking each other apart, in favor of simply launching lead in the direction of the enemy! Very very toxic stuff! And to top it all off.....last month I was diagnosed with Piscatorial Hemorroidis! The cause? Bobbin-to-hand contact of lead fly tying wire. Very scary:^))))
    Last edited by NJTroutbum; 09-03-2010 at 11:55 AM.

Has anyone else ever considered how many of these proposed foolish type "regulations" are in the government hopper, simply used to divert the public's attention away from the real boondoggles that are going on(?)

There is enough research to give serious consideration to the ban. Sorry, but it is not a 100% fact but certainly it is worthy of discussion. I fish in Maine where lead is banned. Using green shot I have no issues. I don't like it as much, but the inconvenience is minor.

To those who say we should self regulate, I agree. But we don't! so the gov't meeds to step in. If we responded 5 - 10 years ago in a proactive manner this would be a non-issue. All we did was say we don't need gov't intervention, but did nothing to stop questionable practices. Given our response as a group, the likelyhood of lead being detremental to wildlife I come down on the side of "get over it"

jed

Can we just post a link to buddy sanders and the "save the loons" post? As I said there the increased energy used to manufacture tungsten products causes pollution that most likely does more damage than the lead does in the first place.
    Wet wadin' hillbilly extraordinaire

Man is most nearly himself when he achieves the seriousness of a child at play.

Heraclitus

Blog Entries

Fly anglers seem to think it won't effect them. Clousers are made with lead eyes. I wonder how many would be ready to toss them in the trash...then pay a ton more money on something else, that won't do as good. I like tungsten, but cannot see prices going way down because of the demand going up. Aluminum doesn't seem to me that it would be great for the environment either. (plus it is much lighter) We have tin, that is not heavy...what else is there again...I think I read bismuth. I don't even know what that is like. I love tungsten, but you can't wrap it on your hook like lead.

Wake up Folks!!! This ptetition is not about taking care of the little fish and birds, it's about controlling our lives. As I think back, at one time we caught a trout, cleaned it and cooked it on a camp fire. Then someone said we should not kill the little trout because they lived a stressed life. Then someone said we should not hurt the little trout so we went barbless. Then someone said we should not fish certain areas of the stream because that area was over stressed. Now they say that the lead in our little flies will kill the trout we haven't caught. WHERE DOES IT END? The environmentalist will only be happy when we no longer fish. Cameras only? Oh, then we are stepping on the wild flowers.

I was appalled to see a previous response where one of you picked up 5 LBS of lead on a stream. Well, I want to count every oz of it because I don't believe it for a minute. Then I read some guy said "just get over it". That's the problem with regulations. Too many people just bend over and take it. I for one don't let people who don't have my best interest in mind control my life. As someone else in this thread mentioned, there are more important things the government needs to be tending to before they start checking us for lead in the fly. I for one will fight this tooth and nail. If this is too conservative for you, then kick me off this site. Have a nice day.
    God Bless America

Quote Originally Posted by jcampbell View Post
    Wake up Folks!!! This ptetition is not about taking care of the little fish and birds, it's about controlling our lives. As I think back, at one time we caught a trout, cleaned it and cooked it on a camp fire. Then someone said we should not kill the little trout because they lived a stressed life. Then someone said we should not hurt the little trout so we went barbless. Then someone said we should not fish certain areas of the stream because that area was over stressed. Now they say that the lead in our little flies will kill the trout we haven't caught. WHERE DOES IT END? The environmentalist will only be happy when we no longer fish. Cameras only? Oh, then we are stepping on the wild flowers.

I was appalled to see a previous response where one of you picked up 5 LBS of lead on a stream. Well, I want to count every oz of it because I don't believe it for a minute. Then I read some guy said "just get over it". That's the problem with regulations. Too many people just bend over and take it. I for one don't let people who don't have my best interest in mind control my life. As someone else in this thread mentioned, there are more important things the government needs to be tending to before they start checking us for lead in the fly. I for one will fight this tooth and nail. If this is too conservative for you, then kick me off this site. Have a nice day.
    here,here!!!

Count me in on the fight
    Randy

JCampbell......Thank you very much!!!!!

JCampbell....... I couldn't have said it better my self !!!!

Mr. Campbell,

I tip may hat in complete agreement with you,,,

I too could not of said it any better..

Be safe

Steve

+ Reply to Thread