+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last chance to win a Marryat Plus

Default Last chance to win a Marryat Plus

For all of those people who have not registered for the free drawing this month, this is the last chance to win a free Marryat Plus fly reel.

Marryat has developed a new generation anti reverse/direct drive fly reel.

Here how it works:

You preset the drag fairly low to be able to easily strip off the line and to insure a smooth hookup. Thanks to the anti-reverse your hand remains on the cranking handle during the first run or two.

Simply by pressing two pads located in the winding handle you can start increasing the drag. By squeezing the pads as far as they can go switching to Direct Drive mode, you can actually lock the rotating spool preventing that Salmon go into the rapids or stopping a bonefish headed for the corals. The hand is still on the handle and your concentration is in front where the action is.

If the fish makes a jump and starts shaking his head you simply release the fingertip pressure on the pads and the drag immediately goes back to the low drag setting.

Once the fish calms down and gets tired you can actually squeeze the pads (DD mode), pump the rod and retrieve the line making this a definite ?PLUS? compared to other anti-reverse reels. It is very user friendly, since your hand always remains on the cranking handle, squeezing and releasing the pads are done instinctively.

This ?Swiss Made? fly reel is built with the minimum amount of parts making it highly reliable and very lightweight.

Marryat Plus - be in control

Roger Ritter
    Inventor of the Marryat Plus
    rritter@marryat.com

For more information: [url=http://www.marryat.com:bb26a]www.marryat.com[/url:bb26a]

OK, I've decided that I am destined to win this reel since I have a beautiful older Marryat rod blank to build up.

So how exactly can I register for the drawing? I went to the site but don't see how.

Thanks.
    "If I'm not going to catch anything, then I 'd rather not catch anything on flies" ... Bob Lawless

Diane, it's on the bottom of the FAOL home page.

Doh.

Thanks!
    "If I'm not going to catch anything, then I 'd rather not catch anything on flies" ... Bob Lawless

Looks like a really nice reel, but how can you reel in without pressing the buttons?

Oh Diane, ... You can enter as OFTEN AS YOU WANT !!, ... The MORE THE BETTER

------------------
    Christopher Chin, Jonquiere Quebec
    [url=http://www.flyanglersonline.com/bb/Forum1/HTML/015738.html:33c4c]2006 FishIn Ste-Marguerite River[/url:33c4c]

[url=http://pages.videotron.com/fcch/:33c4c]Fishing the Ste-Marguerite[/url:33c4c]
    Christopher Chin

Anthony wrote: Looks like a really nice reel, but how can you reel in without pressing the buttons?

Hi Anthony,
    There is a certain resistance on the pads which makes it possible to crank without pressing the buttons. This way you stay in classic anti-reverse mode. This might be useful during the fight when you want to keep constant tension on the line and protect a fine tippet.

If you really want to be on the safe side to prevent that you accidentally press the pads while you are cranking, you can simply roll the handle with your fingertips by 90 degrees holding it on the round outside diameter. This way you are in safe mode and you don?t risk increasing the drag while cranking.

Roger Ritter
    rritter@marryat.com
    For more information: [url=http://www.marryat.com:2fba5]www.marryat.com[/url:2fba5]

I hope this post doesn't get me banned....but I gotta tell you...if this reel is as crappy as the original MR series...you couldn't *give* me one; at any price.

Perhaps its great....and for your sake I certainly hope so.....but caveat emptor on *any* Marryat product.....from a *very* dissatisfied former customer.

Dahema

Dahema,

I am sorry to hear that you are a dissatisfied former customer of Marryat.

The Marryat MR series was designed in 1980. You are referring to a 25 year old reel. In the mean time we have sold over 10,000 CMR models worldwide and the feedback we are getting from our customers are actually fairly good, especially because of the good quality.

Maybe somebody out there who has a CMR can confirm what I am saying ....

For your information the Marryat Plus is also a ?Swiss Made? reel just like the CMR model.

Roger Ritter
    rritter@marryat.com
    For more information: [url=http://www.marryat.com:dc168]www.marryat.com[/url:dc168]

Chris, you're bad...what if she believes you? [G]

+ Reply to Thread