+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: foam flies...what the heck

thanks Jim... we have crossed paths a couple of times and I sent ya some fly tying materials.
    Foam flies and cancer in the same thread..message here to all, well one day, sick the next...I have Lukemia..I had it onder contole from 2004 till just a couple of weeks ago.........now it's time to kick it's *** again.
    Sorry for not sending this in a pm, but I think the more people that know this the better. Me, I'm just a redneck,jean wearing, fly tying fishermen...I probally have a lot in common with a lot of you.sothe message here is: live life to it's fullest, hug and kiss your Family every chance you get..................and tie foam flies - just because you can

Quote Originally Posted by butternut-tyer View Post
    Me, I'm just a redneck,jean wearing, fly tying fishermen...I probally have a lot in common with a lot of you
    Well I'll be darned, a New York redneck, that would surprise a lot of folks who think redneck is a southern thing. Honestly, I have said for years there are more rednecks in NY than MS just because of the difference in population. Of course, I went to a country and western bar on 52nd street in Manhattan, NYC with a couple of Swiss visitors.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

back in the day when I was playing a hunting / fishing guide, I heard a lot of clients ask where are we going to hunt with all the people around. Truth is, upstate NY is really remote. Check out the stats on the Adirondack Park, 6 million acres.
    I live in the Leatherstocking area and use to live in a log cabin that my wife and I built, sold that years ago...sure wish I was homesteading it again..sorry guys / this is really getting off the topic in warm water fishing..........but, we have lots of that here in NY as well.
    Cabin.jpg

In a previous life I had a supervisor and a trainee from upstate NY. My supervisor always said north MS reminded him of the Saratoga area where he grew up. I haven't spent much boots on the ground time in the upstate are but do realize there are some pretty remote areas. Most people in the USA do not realize how much undeveloped land we have, I just as soon they don't find out, lots of them would want "their share."
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

+ Reply to Thread