+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Soda Butte bear attacK

Lord Lord Lord woman. Your story and fate had me scared to death. I pray your recovery is rapid, and your appreciation of the wilderness is not hindered. Thanks so much for letting us (your family) know what happened before we saw it on the news. I'm sorry I got the news so late, but my thoughts are with you.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Deb,Deb, Deb, Deb,
    I watched the news video earlier today and heard a name ( yours) but onaccounta my age didn't put it all together till this post. Needless to say, I hope you recover quickly and totally. I'll be in just that area in Late September early October so thanks (() for helping get rid of at least one threat to MY safety. Get well soon and I hope this didn't TOTALLY ruin your Western trek.

Mark

WOW! Coulda knocked me over with a feather when I learned from Betty that it was YOU. a "rush" went through my entire body as I was shocked by the news. More prayers from the Island Nation of Ohio for a skillful surgeon and a speedy recovery. I hope to be doing this with you at the 2011 MIFI, since we didn't get to do it this year...

Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

I am so glad you were cool enough to play dead. That is amazing with your arm in the bears mouth and broken bones you were able to go limp. I hope and pray you will have a speedy and complete recover. If my memory serves me well you just had a birthday, a bear attack is not a good way to celebrate, but it appears you will get to have more, and that's great.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

The CBS Evening News aired an interview with Deb this evening. She was very alert and in good spirits. When she discribed the attack and how she played "Dead" to end it, I could not imagine the courage that took. Glad to have you still around Deb, God Bless.

Deb,

Prayers for a complete recovery. You made our noontime TV news with video and the local newspaper here in southwest Virginia. Rather have seen you in headlines for a huge fish though. After the healing you can work on that quest next.

Best Wishes for a speedy - and full - recovery.

OH MY GOD Deb. I am camping in Grand Rapids Rainbowchaser called me yesterday and told me of your attack. I don't know how you had the courage to go limp and play dead ( I would have been screaming like a little girl ) but I am glad you had the courage and know how to survive.
    I just seen the interview on line from ABC and was very happy to see you in good spirits. Needles to say you as well as the other two victims are in my prayers and I wish you a very speedy recovery.

Hugs,
    Tim
    Remember we all live down stream

Blog Entries

Now that we know that she is going to be alright we can joke about this,

It's all that time spent in Canada that made her so tough, living in Hamilton, is badder then any old bear attack!!!!

Deb thought it was her husband and was getting frisky so the bear bite in self defense...

All TIC = Tongue In Cheek

My thoughts and prayers are with all the victims of this unfortunate event..

One thing my EMS and E911 not to mention Military training has taught me if you survive it joke about it ...
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

Deb,

Heard your interview on FOX News early this afternoon. Your one tough and brave cookie. Again, hope the surgery goes well and wishing you a speedy recovery. Keep us posted on how things go, we're all pulling for you!
    Joe Bertolini

+ Reply to Thread