+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thank You Orvis

Default Thank You Orvis

Thought I'd pass along a bit of my experiance with Orvis. A while back I bought one of their Power Matrix fly rods; it's a mid level rod. It was near Christmas and they gave me a Battenkill reel to go with the rod and a bunch of other stuff that totaled to more than what I payed for the rod if I had to pay for it. That summer my daughter closed the rod in the door of the truck and destroyed it. I brought it back to Orvis and told them what happened and they replaced it for free.

The year before last I found a great deal on a Zero G rod on their web site and bought one. (I posted the deal here and some of you may have checked it out) The tip on the zero G broke this year and I brought it back and they replaced the broken section. That section broke again recently and I took it back to them. They called me today to say they could not fix it and would I mind taking one of the new Helios rods instead.

Now I got a deal on the Zero G in the first place and now they replace it with a Helios. Heck they even asked if I had a rod to fish with when I took it back and I'll bet if I didn't they would have hooked me up. (still have the power matrix) I have to say that I was hooked on Orvis after the thing with the Power Matrx rod being replaced but now I don't think I'll ever use anything but Orvis. They just treat ya too good.

Joe

Thanks for posting your experience. I think Orvis gets a bad rap, but I have always found Orvis service and products to be top notch.

Dave
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

Dave, I agree with you 100%. Best Regards....
    Exploring the waters of western Montana...

I've had 2 orvis rods break and they have replaced them promptly as well. They really do have pretty great customer service.

TT

I just had to send my 1st Orvis rod back this past Monday. My 8' 6wt developed a crack around the last ring of the cork above the reel seat. It began with a chip. The rod was bought in 2000. I called them and they immediately scheduled me with a repair ticket at no charge, and the local shop shipped it for free. They are replacing the cork or cork & seat, whatevers possible. I will let you know how it goes. I expect nothing short of great customer service.

The few times (thankfully) I've had to deal with Orvis Customer Service, I've been treated very well. Same with Sage - last year I busted the tip on an RPL+ blank I bought back in '95 and I got the replacement section in under 10 days. Simms has been great, too.

Regards,
    Scott

Just heard from Orvis! The rod is in the shop and being worked. The cork can be replaced and the rest of the rod will be as original. Great news!

Just can't beat that:^)

+ Reply to Thread