+ Reply to Thread

Thread: a Pac Sac that keeps contents dry

Default a Pac Sac that keeps contents dry

looking for a pac sac that has shoulder straps that will keep the contents dry. I wade in deep water and I am sick of the contents being constantly soaked. Enough room for a day lunch, extra sweater, and favourite beverage. anyone have any experience or suggestions they would like to share.
    You think the fish are Big here in Labrador...Wait till you see the Flies

I know nothing about this company, but, I am tempted to try out one of their packs. Not sure they have what you are looking for, but.......

http://www.recycledwaders.com/pages/...story_main.asp
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

I have several packs since I teach backpacking.... and none of them keep stuff completely dry. Try a "dry" sack like one used in canoeing or boating. Several are small enough (but heavy). Something that I do when packing is triple bagging. Put your items in a plastic baggie (one gallon size). Put that in a freezer type bag (seams in opposite directions) and then put all of that in a small trash bag. You may not be able to get to it very fast but it will stay dry. This method lets you pick the pack for reasons other than water resistance.

Blog Entries

Try geartrade.com
    You can find quality stuff there. I know a few people are selling floating dry sacks and you could just sew some shoulder straps on those. Also, Dakine makes a backpack that's meant to hold a wetsuit inside a special pocket and prevents the rest of the content from getting wet. Maybe you could just use it the other way around and put the stuff you need to stay dry in that pocket.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Maybe something like this: http://www.sierratradingpost.com/Pro...SimilarProduct

It may not be the most comfortable pack but will keep your stuff dry.

spend the 20 bucks and get a dry bag . you will be glad you did
    Please, support Project Healing Waters....Thank You

+ Reply to Thread