+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: An East Tennessee Gathering

My Boss is off this week so I can't get my PTO time turned in till next week But no one is down on the calendar so that shouldn't be a problem. I can't wait, I hope all the rooms at the Dock's don't get booked up The whole family's coming, I'm hoping one of you can get a fly rod in my wife's hands, she loves to fish, but refuses to try Fly fishing.
    Last edited by hungNtree; 07-13-2010 at 12:32 PM.
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

Quote Originally Posted by hungNtree View Post
    I'm hoping one of you can get a fly rod in my wife's hands, she loves to fish, but refuses to try Fly fishing.
    My wife likes to try it now and then. If she gets some female company then she'll be more likely to fish. So, maybe we can get the two of them.............

Blog Entries

'Tis a pity that Betty won't deign to visit Tennessee. I think that she's afraid, very afraid...

(Seen on a kayaker's back bumper: "Paddle faster. I hear banjo music!")

Ed

Ed,

I also wish Betty would consider the Townsend "Fish-In". I was hoping she would be at the Mich. Fish-In so I could meet her but she did not come. I did get to meet Jean and Bill and they were everything I thought they would be and then some! Great people! It is great to finally put a face to a name and you can do that at a Fish-In. I really enjoyed the Mich. Fish-In and got to meet many new people. Rainbow Chaser and Marco and others were fine people to finally get to meet plus others. We have a great group here and I am proud to be a part of it.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Warren we love you to
    Remember we all live down stream

I'm in!! We got reservations this evening but we had to go to Tally Ho's. the Dock's said they were full We'll be there friday night for an early start on Saturday morning. One thing though, AJ's birthday is the 13th, and our 10 year anniversary is the 28th, so this trip has become a B-day/anniversary trip. Which means Saturday evening I have to drive us up to Pigeon Forge to the Dixie Stampede. I hope you guys don't think I'm stuck up We're in the wrong hotel and gotta run on Saturday night, but we should be able to wet a line Sunday morning before check out? I hope

C-ya there,
    Jason

PS IS the Tally Ho with in walking distance of the Dock's? I gotta feeling I'll be left to walking it during the day on Saturday while Dana and AJ are off spending a fortune at shops and stuff. That reminds me, I better cut up the credit cards.
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

Jason,
    No problem I'm sure somebody will be willing to pick you up

WOW Posted on the 4th and Dock's is filled by the 10th!! I was just penciled in for the "2 Bedroom Cabin" Hope I still have it!! It has 7 beds and so far there are only 3 of us.

This is going to be a Hoot!!

Whoops, you may want to check with the docks. Dana made our reservations and asked for a kitchenette room and that was full, they may have other rooms. When I found that out we tried to cancel with tally ho so we could be over there, but they won't let us cancel our rooms!?! You know what this means of course, with my casting and the luck we're haveing so far, you guys better stay far away from me. lol

Jason;
    Your luck may have a bright side. Now we know where not to stay in townsend!

I did confirm the 2 bedroom cabin today. It has plenty of room in the kitchen for tying flys and telling lies!! It will serve as the headquarters Friday and Saturday. Hmmmmmm, pizza party Saturday evening??

Doughy Joey, if you are following this and decide to attend at the last minute we'll leave a light on for ya!!

Weather conditions in the Townsend area are not all that great right now. Hot and humid (Above normal), the Little River is running Low, slow and warm. This means that the streams in the park may also be hurting. The weather has been so abnormal this year that it's hard to say what will happen in October. Rain is predicted for 6 of the next 10 days so there may be some relief on the way.

I plan to pay a vist in August, if it cools down, and talk to "Little River Outfitters" about a good time for a week long Fish-In next year.

It is truely the quiet side of the the Smoky's and I'm sure everyone will enjoy the too short stay in one of the most scenic areas of the United States.

+ Reply to Thread