+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: South Western Alberta and beyond, 2010 to 2011 Fly Fishing Season.

Excellent post and pics. Thanks for sharing.

kelly.
    Tight Lines,

Kelly.

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home."

Roderick Haig-Brown, "Fisherman's Spring"

Blog Entries

Hay all plse forgive me for not posting, fishing has been spotty due to weather and run off, and now my very bestest fishing partner Fischer has gotten real sick, acute renal failure, still not sure what the cause is, good news is that the vet says he may come home tomorrow night! My heart has been heavy and worried, I would loose my best friend.

I have not prayed or cried this hard since I was 8yrs old and was told my Mother had died.. I have lived a blessed life and have a wonderful supporting family, I must never take them for granted and be thankful for every day!
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

Sorry to hear about your fishing buddy. I have missed your reports but it sounds like you have good reasons. Hope everything turns out well for you and your dog.

Get well soon Fischer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KeatonsDad View Post
    Sorry to hear about your fishing buddy. I have missed your reports but it sounds like you have good reasons. Hope everything turns out well for you and your dog.

Get well soon Fischer.
    Thanks things are looking better, I truly hope he gets home this evening!!!

It is hard to see him hooked up to IV and in a small kennel!
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

Blog Entries

Default Fischer was down but not out!

Hi all

It has been a while, fishing here has been spotty due to torrential rains and big run off. It has been especially hard for me for this last week because my best Fur friend in the world has been deathly ill, Fischer experienced "Acute Renal Failure" and the cause is unknown, truly one of life's awful mysteries.

My self and the Vet have gone over every minute of the trip and can't come up with a cause, the good news is that Fischer is home and resting comfortable now on the couch with Mother Ann, I am on top of the world now, but still must be careful and work for the rest of Fischer's life to keep him healthy and safe.

I do have some pictures of what the fishing was shaping up to be, I will get back at it but and there is always a but only when Fischer is GTG = Good To Go.

The fish and scenery

Neat underside of the stonefly nymph I had never noticed before.

Water falls normally trickling or dry by now

FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEHE BIG FISH!!!!

This is what Fischer should look like !

NOT LIKE THIS!

or this!

Thanks for staying tuned, I will have more reports as Fischer gets his fishing legs under him..

_______
    RGR AR

Alright! Glad to hear Fischer is getting better. It won't be long and you guys will be out on the water again.

God loves dogs too. I'll include Fischer in my prayers.
    Hugs,
    LF

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LadyFisher View Post
    God loves dogs too. I'll include Fischer in my prayers.
    Hugs,
    LF
    That is true LF he must have heard my prayers, and as the quote goes if there are no dogs in heaven then I want to go where the dogs are! or something like that.

Thank you LF

+ Reply to Thread