+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Put a face to the name

Wow! The 7 Summits. I'd like to embark on such adventure myself!!! I've been to "Cordillera Blanca" in Per? and have the advantage of living in Bogota, close to 9,000 feet in altitude, which means mountain sickness it's not an issue for me, at least not before 20,000 feet ... You guys up there are way to close to sea level LOL.

One day me and my ice axe we're gonna stand on the summit of Everest. However far it may seem, I'm sure I'll do it.

Send my best wishes to your son. Tell him to watch every step and to make sure he remembers that any summit only stands half way from home.

Here are the words of the first man that ever climbed Mount Cervino (Italy-Swiss border):

I see the great peaks, with clouded tops, seeming to mount up for ever and ever; I hear the music of the distant herds, the peasant’s jodel, and the solemn church-bells; and I scent the fragrant breath of the pines: and after these have passed away, another train of thoughts succeeds - of those who have been upright, brave and true; of kind hearts and bold deeds; and of courtesies received at strangers’ hands, trifles in themselves, but expressive of that good will towards men which is the essence of charity.

Still, the last, sad memory hovers round, and sometimes drifts across like floating mist, cutting of sunshine, and chilling the remembrance of happier times. There have been joys too great to be described in words, and there have been griefs upon which I have not dared to dwell; and with these in mind I say, Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste; look well to each step; and from the beginning think what may be the end.

Edward Whymper.

I hope he'll make it to the big 7. Keep me posted!!!

Dave.

Hey Dave, Rock Springs is at 6200' and I know lakes and streams higher than that!! some at 9000' and higher!
    Wyo-Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Byron Zuehlsdorff View Post
    Hey Dave, Rock Springs is at 6200' and I know lakes and streams higher than that!! some at 9000' and higher!

Heh heh, I guess so!!! Thing is we have an 8 million+ city up here. And we are surrounded by mountains much higher. Not to mention snow line here is at 15'000 feet...

When it comes to high altitude you can't beat us andean people!!!

Normand Guest

heres one from awhile ago.

a lot grayer and less hair today

cutthroat from spinney mtn reservoir, colorado

913 Jackson Lake Rd, Chatsworth, Ga. 30705 (423) 438-1060

I finally figured out how to post pictures on the new set-up. Here are a few clips from my life......

Turtle Soup...the hard way-One of my homemade slings. I brought home 5 turtles that day (it's tough...you have to hit them in the head).

Complaint Dept: Take a number..... My Cold Steel Battle Axe. I am really into primitive weapons and skills. I have quite a collection.

Mammoth Control-One of my homemade Atlatls. I can hit a paper plate at 50 yards, and it will go though 3" of plywood at that distance, and penetrate 2' or more at that range.

I also make blowguns, traditional bows and arrows, do flint-knapping, and other primitive skills.

I would post some fishing pictures, but I haven't got to go in a while. Maybe this week......
    Last edited by Gigmaster; 09-02-2010 at 03:06 AM. Reason: mispelled word

Very interesting Gigmaster, I like primitive weapons too. Maybe you can share some of the blowguns you have made.
    Thanks
    I believe I can fly fish

I'm a friend of Laphroaig!
    The sport is so royal that there is neither gentle nor villein, if it knew of it and loved it well, who would not be more honoured for that reason by all who understand it.

Hey All,
    Names Oly Im from the wet, not west, wet coast of Canada, Vancouver BC to be exact.
    Finally started fly fishing again, the last time I picked up a 5wt I beleive you had a President by the name of Carter.

Heres a pic of me and my daughter from last year with her first ever pink salmon.

046.jpg

Hey All,

Finally got a few pics worthy of posting up on my favorite Fly Fishing Resource. I live in Manhattan and just love to get out and fish.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RickNYC; 09-22-2010 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Yours truly, Loch Lossit, Isle of Islay, Scotland. late May. The angler had a good day

Tight Lines

Whoops, Just realised I have posted already.........still handsome old git (Windswept & interesting)
    Hello again Allan,

Good to see you pop up here now and then. I used to read you on other forums and have a box of your wets that you kindly sent over, way back around 2002 or '03. I recall that pic. of you sitting at your tying bench. You've seasoned well, ol' boy. (That's as good a compliment as you'll get out of another old boy..from that "other country"...)*g*

Jeremy.

+ Reply to Thread