+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My new toy

I must be pretty dense tonight (Oh, shut up!!), but I cannot figure out when you're sitting in it (the yak) which way do you face?
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Sweet Boats and compfortable as well I bet.
    No Ice chest with beers and peanut butter crackers? whats the deal fellas???? No cheetoes and chocolate milk?????lollol
    I can't seem ta find the sweet taste of the stream

Bass_Bug Guest

Betty, the first pic, with the paddle across the yak and the fly rod pointing off one end, the rod is pointing off the bow. The pic is deceiving because the seat back is leaning forward in a halfway folded down position. With the seat in the full upright position (to the left in the pic) where the paddle sits would be right across your lap if you were in the boat.

Yep, what Bass Bug said. So far I've only been out on my own, so I have no pictures of me in it yet. The fact that the seat is almost dead center does make it a little harder in the picture to tell whether you're coming or going.
    If it swims and eats, it'll eat a fly.

jeffro
    I was out in my kayak for only a hour in our club one fly tourney. Didn't have a lot of time to pop a top, but will be ready the next time out. The heat is so bad up hear right now, I might have to fill the cooler with Gatorade. I don't want to pass out at the paddle, and have the rangers ask me to get out and try to walk a straight line.
    Larry

Nice yak, the spitfire was my first. Fun, easy to paddle around in, and light. Mine fit easily into the back of my ranger. Your going to have a blast with that one.. Congratts on the new toy!

Tim and Idice,

Man, those look cool. Congrats! Wish I had one. Actually right now I wish I had about any handy way to get out on the water. Thanks for the cool pictures and for making me think about a yak.

Here right now it is about 100 degrees, and with a wind that would blow the ribbing off a gold ribbed hare's ear.

Regards,

Gandolf
    Last edited by Gandolf; 06-23-2010 at 05:15 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Hiner View Post
    I must be pretty dense tonight (Oh, shut up!!), but I cannot figure out when you're sitting in it (the yak) which way do you face?
    Forward, Betty, Forward

Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Hi folks! First post here. Glad to see I am not the only one with yak fever it is awesome. Both my wife and I have on. Mine holds 650 lbs leaves me 300lbs for cargo, so don't think yaks are just for small people lol

+ Reply to Thread