+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shenandoah, VA

Quote Originally Posted by GRP View Post
    Mr. FTG,
    Thanks for the reminder, definitely would not want to ruin the spawning.
    Didn't mean to come off as a d**che, just that those brookies have a hard enough time with our hot, dry summers as it is. Depending on your timing, early October would be fine, especially at lower elevations. Or, by mid-November fish will be done spawning at higher elevations.

PM me for some suggestions if you'd like - both inside the SNP and in the Shenandoah Valley. There is outstanding fishing to be had in at least two spring creeks in the Valley.

Everything said has been worth mentioning, I would PM MrFishingToughGuy , from reading his posts and checking out his pic's since I'v been living here, he's always been right on the money.
    Harry Murray is indeed a fine fellow,he's been involved with the developing of the trout fishing in VA for a number of years. I have a couple of his books witch are very good for info, if you can get up with him, he will share some places with you as well... One thing to remember when here, Enjoy yourself, take time to take it all in...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

+ Reply to Thread