+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Any former smokers ?

Steve;
    That's when I would chew a piece of the gum. I did not use it as prescribed but only when the urge to smoke hit me. It didn't take long and the urges became fewer and fewer.

Jack I'm actually headed to the drug store in a min to buy some nicotine gum. I didnt want to have to get any "aids" for stopping but the way I feel today I need something lol

Steve

I have never smoked an entire cigarette so I do not feel your pain, but wish you well. By way of a little encouragement, a friend in Los Angeles quit smoking a couple of years back and saved the money she was spending on smokes. She since has installed granite countertops in her kitchen and been on several cruises. That probably could be translated into fishing trips, boats, etc.,
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Blog Entries

Only use that gum when you are ready to tear heads off baby chicks because they look too cute. Then only long enough to take the edge off.
    Kevin

Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.

Steve, I quit ciggaretts and booze the same day 5 April 1985... it was a "BITCH", I finally quit cigars in 05, what really helped me was the support of my family, it makes all the difference in the World. Remember We(FAOL) are Your Family too and anything "We" can do to Help We will!

I switched to an electronic cigarette 3 months ago. I feel a lot better than I used to. After 3 days, I could smell again. After 2 weeks, I qiut coughing up copious amounts of brown colored crud. I started with a 24mg/ml liquid, and changed down to 12mg about a month ago. I haven't had a butt since about a week after I started the e-cig. Took about 3 drags off of it, said Yuck and threw it out. I had tried the patched, gum, lozenges and cold turkey. I didn't think this would work any better.
    The only real side effect I've had is an expanding waist line.

Kirk

Steve,Custom fly rods etc..
    Tell EVERYONE you quit smoking. You NEED the support of friends etc. to slap ya on the back to encourage you. You've embarked on a tough road on which any and all encouragement is helpful. I've heard that the 4th day is CRITICAL. Pass THAT hurdle and it's "almost" all downhill. GOOD LUCK. AND, keep posting a daily update of your resolve here in this thread. It may seem insignificant but I'm sure you know we'll help as much as we can.

Mark

Thanks guys. And I have some more insperation to stay quit, sad as this is to say, my best friend Bob (OSD from the Rodbuildingforum which some of you know) I just found out was taken to the hospital last night with the onset of a heart attack docs told his wife that if she was 20-30 mins later he would have been in full cardiac arrest. He's only 54 yrs old. I talked to his wife tonight, first thing they asked her..."How much does he smoke?"

Tell me thats not a wake up and a smack in the face.

BTW...could really use some prayers for him tonight if you see fit. His name is Bob and he's known by some of you that visit RBF he gos by OSD. He's my friend that was on the PA fish in trip with me for those that meet him there.

Thanks guys

And thanks for all the support of me, I really appreciate it!

Steve

I just quit cold turkey decided i just wasn't going to do it anymore. Because it cost more to quit than is dose smoking the patch, gum, ect..... If let something control you that is a sign of weakness and i don't consider myself weak minded. JUST SAY NO!!!!!!

mmm I still use my pipe to blow bubbles. The hardest thing for me and the cigs was just the habbit, a smoke after dinner, bad day at work, setting down out side watching a stream for rizes. well the best of luck with your indever it not an easy road quitting, the only thing I have ever quit is smoking.
    Ghost

+ Reply to Thread