+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Another bluegill get together?

Blog Entries

I have everything ready to go. I need to stop and get some small propane and ice on the way out. There weren't any sweet potatoes for making fries, so we'll have to make due with regular spuds (thanks for bringing them, Zac!) We'll have fried fish (if we catch any), french fries, and cobbler on Saturday night. Be sure you keep some big ones for the feast!

I also have to hang my head in shame...I went to pack my FAOL ballcap, and it isn't to be found. I'm going to have to do some serious searching when I get back, or see if Betty has any spares left.
    Better to be an active environmentalist than and environmental activist.

FFMIRSWTNBOF
    (Full Fledged Member in Raunchy Standing-Within The NBOF)

I also have to hang my head in shame...I went to pack my FAOL ballcap, and it isn't to be found. I'm going to have to do some serious searching when I get back, or see if Betty has any spares left. [/QUOTE]
    Sorry to hear about your loss. A good hat is like a good dog. I am working on a new hat myself but the old one rides in the truck.
    "Next to a healthy 10 pound carp a brook trout can look like a minnow in a clown suit"

Loaded up my gps with the detailed maps of the Pittsburg area last night, tied up the last flies I'll tie before the trip, about to get my tying gear together in a box... Gonna pack the car tomorrow night!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steveks View Post
    Sorry to hear about your loss. A good hat is like a good dog. I am working on a new hat myself but the old one rides in the truck.
    I still have my Tilley, and with the heat and sun, I should probably be wearing that one anyway. I have a hook and hackle that will take its place if I can't find the FAOL.

FFMIRSWTNBOF

Good hats are hard to find and good ones that are broken in are priceless. I have my very old boonie hat that I've had for many many years that has bowhunted with me since the military.

Good luck.

Blog Entries

Be sure to bring your rain gear. It looks like we are going to get wet this weekend.

FFMIRSWTNBOF

No.....no...nononononononononononon.....NO!!!!!!!!

No rain. Not allowed. Was not invited!!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Everything is loaded. My car is completely filled. I'm out of here, and will see you all down there.

FFMIRSWTNBOF

Guys I have been watching your thread for the last few weeks and I would like to come up and meet some of you this weekend. I would be coming from Sapulpa,OK,about 2 1/2 hours away. I have never been to the pits and if it would be possible for someone to post the GPS location of the camp site that would be a big help. I have a kayak and fish a few hours after work 4 to 5 days out of the week. I would not be able to show up till Saturday. Hope to see you. Thanks.

Calcycle,

We'd love to have you. Come on up. As to an exact GPS location for the campsite I don't know that anybody can quite do that. There is no cell coverage there or anything so they won't be able to report in here.

I can get you real close though. I don't know how to get a GPS location but here is a link to directions from Sapulpa.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...23&ie=UTF8&z=9

If you look at this next link zoomed in on the area, you can see where it is. The campsite will be on either road MLWA 24-1 or MLWA 24. Probably the first one. If you get to that road you'll find us. There'll be a bunch of tents.
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...,0.033023&z=16

Now that I look closer at those links it looks like they may have the GPS coordinates in them. I got this out of one of them (37.213812,-95.007883). That might be it, but no guarantees of that.

Also, have you seen the maps for the mined land? Here's a link to it. We'll be in Unit 24.
    http://www.kdwp.state.ks.us/news/con...0Land%20WA.pdf

And don't forget a KS fishing license. You can do that online too. Here's that link.
    https://www1.ks.wildlifelicense.com/index_hf.php
    Tim

+ Reply to Thread