+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fifa 2010 world cup South Africa

Default Fifa 2010 world cup South Africa

I dont know how many on here are soccer fans (I am not really) but those of you that are will know that in two days time the Soccer world cup kicks of in South Africa. Even if you are not a fan i hope that most of you will "tune in" on the telly to see what a beautifull country we have here on the southern tip of Africa. Many people in the world though that SA couldn't pull it of, but I can tell you that we are ready for it.

Good luck to team America.

Cape Town Stadium being build.

phpThumb_generated_thumbnail.1.jpg

What a setting for a world cup game in Cape Town

phpThumb_generated_thumbnail.jpg

Oh yeh Morneb, I can hardly wait for Kick off! Am going to a fishing buddies at 6:00 on Sunday morning to watch England v USA, sorry guys but as an Englishman who loves Football GO ENGLAND!!! and as NZ qualified as well go the All Whites.
    I hope South Africa does well out of hosting it and it looks to me like it will be a great tournament.
    All the best.
    Mike.

There was a show on TV this week that showed an American Football player (Dhani Jones) learning soccer in Cape Town. Not only was the soccer bits interesting, but the bits about the surrounding countryside where wonderful. Here's hoping the World Cup goes well and brings a lot of tourist dollars to South Africa.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Watched the USA vs England match this morning. All "level" at one-one. Green, the English keeper SURE helped the USA cause by his unfortunate blunder. BUT, that's football. GO USA

Mark

I am sure there are many English supporters that are calling for the Goalie's head today. USA played very well though. That goal keeper of yours were kept very busy and he did a superb job of keeping the ball out the net. SA also had a draw against Mexico in the opening game.

I was surprised to hear that apart from South Africans the most tickets for the World Cup was sold to USA supporters. I didn't know that soccer was so popular in the USA?

We've had every game on so far and watched them all. My son was really torn yesterday. England is his favorite team and he couldn't root against USA. A tie was good in our household.

I'm not a huge soccer fan, but my son has been playing for about 10 years now so I've watched a lot of soccer over the years.

Jeff
    fishing bum in training
    My blog:
    http://www.kyflyfishguy.blogspot.com/

I think a draw was a fair reflection of the game, England had the most shots and possesion but USA looked very dangerous everytime they pushed forward. As for the blunder in goal, what can you say? What a disaster for the goalie, he will always be remembered for this blunder rather than the good saves he makes.
    All the best.
    Mike.

I was happy with the outcome, but what bugs me is the ''they got lucky'' crowd. Goals are almost always scored because of a defensive error. A so-called ''great save'' means the goalkeeper was out of position or not paying attention.

+ Reply to Thread