+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Road trip/trout scout

Default Road trip/trout scout

I had the very good fortune of meeting our own 'jburge' a couple of days ago and though we din't flyfish, i was shown around some of the great waters close to Sacramento, CA. I have to say that a personally guided 'trout scout' with someone that really knows their way around is a treat and a half and the approx 6 hours spent hiking and looking around with John was a huge pleasure and very enlightening.

I was so relaxed where normally were i on my own i'd constantly be thinking i was wasting my time to explore places that i hadn't been. Not this time as John showed me water that widened my eyes at each of the four foothill river locations and a lake thrown in for boot. I especially liked that there were trails that became mostly overgrown in a reasonable distance and John mentioned that a couple of them ended. This just screams 'go there' and then get in the river to see what's up around the bend.

Thanks John, we'll flyfish all of that as soon as things settle down and we can get out there !

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

Default Sounds like a real treat ...

... George. And I'm sure it was a treat for John, too.

Now that you have all those trails and accesses securely "way pointed" in your GPS, all you need to do is get a license and a full tank of gas and you're good to go.

John
    The fish are always right.

Thanks John, you're too kind. I'm sure you've fished or seen the places I was shown and know they're easy to get to but hard to find. The good part is i don't even need a GPS to return to each. Well, not that i have one anyway...if a place is worthy...and all that John showed too me is...i'll remember how to get there...again well...that is if i don't let too much time pass. Thinking of getting my license shortly and hitting them all and spending a day at each..might as well, i don't have anything else to do...heh, he...yeah, right. Cold there? Cooler here...strange how global warming works like that.

Cheers,

George

All my pleasure. George and I had a great day, talking, walking, and dreaming of all the fishing possibilities. The best part is... there's so much more!

John

+ Reply to Thread