+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fly tying lessons

Default Fly tying lessons

Just in case someone is interested... Its a great way to learn new tying techniques from each other and for folks to learn how to tie using live video & sound. Classes are also free.
    http://vyew.com/room#/919272/Untitled_VyewBook
    Last edited by bugman; 04-28-2010 at 10:01 PM.
    A.S.F 5th GP ...TO FIGHT SO OTHERS MAY REMAIN FREE...

Those classes are 8pm Texas time. And they are great. Bugman is a wonderful creature and teacher. You will enjoy the time spent.

oh...a tip. when you go to that link you will be in Ivan's "lobby". On the right is a "push to talk" spot. Place cursor over that and click.
    This will tell Ivan you want in...and he can accept you.

Tis best if you have a pc camera and a microphone.
    I got my Logitech camera for $19 at Wal Mart and it came with what they call a headset. NOT. It is a cord with one ear bud and the mike is a bulge in part of the cord. I purchased Logitech speakers for $19 and a microphone that stands up on a long shaft that is adjustable at Wal Mart for$9.

This makes it hands free...you can hear over the speakers, talk naturally and the mike picks it up. There is also a headset which has a microphone that swivels out in front of you mouth. I also purchased this .....which works quite well but I don't like to be tethered. Last time I was on though there was echo and I was told to use my headset to stop it. We signed off so I didn't get to try it to see if it helped.
    Last edited by Gemrod; 05-02-2010 at 03:04 AM.

That is a good site but not live... It is pre recorded video and what you see there is whats there... He does tie some good flies for biginners but if ya want LIVE, read the first post. This post is intended for folks interested in free live fly tying lessons, no more, no less...
    Last edited by bugman; 04-30-2010 at 09:21 PM.
    A.S.F 5th GP ...TO FIGHT SO OTHERS MAY REMAIN FREE...

Blog Entries

the live classes are free, no charge what so ever. and when your confused on a step or how its done you can ask and you have it. pluse being able to chat and talk to other members at the same time weather in chat box or video is cool. I like the videos but they can be very dry at times and well I myself like the human interaction i dont know bout you.

+ Reply to Thread