+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Another bluegill get together?

Would this be a good place to try a tube? I've been thinking about getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    Would this be a good place to try a tube? I've been thinking about getting one.
    Tubes will work just fine but a few of the pits can be a lil big. But with all the people that are going to be there we might be able to work the larger ones one way and have a pick up vehicle at the end.
    "Next to a healthy 10 pound carp a brook trout can look like a minnow in a clown suit"

Quote Originally Posted by steveks View Post
    Tubes will work just fine but a few of the pits can be a lil big. But with all the people that are going to be there we might be able to work the larger ones one way and have a pick up vehicle at the end.
    I have an F-150, I'd volunteer to help with the pickup chores!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    I've been lurking on here for some time and had some real life issues that has kept me from being active. But I think it's high time for that to change. Seeing as this is my 1st post, I'm Lee from SW Missouri around Branson. I'm 47 and have been flyfishing since about 10. I've been looking for an excuse to get out there for some time now and this is perfect timing. I still have to wait to see if I can get away from work for this, but I think I can make it. I've given a heads up to a buddy who is from there abouts, but has moved to West Kansas, but might be able to get out there too. We'll see.

Lee
    I'm the person he is talking about here. I grew up in Pittsburg and have mainly fished the Big Brutus pit (Weir/West Mineral area), the pits just north of Pittsburg, and the pits just west of Pittsburg, all part of the Mined Land Wildlife area. I fished the Trout pit in the Weir/West Mineral area last fall, but didn't have any luck. I was going to attend last year, but I didn't have enough vacation time at the job I was working at. I now work 8 - 5 M-F, and have weekends off. I'm actually working in South Central Kansas now, but I drive back to SE Kansas every weekend. My wife says that we will be around that weekend, so I'll list myself as possible for this event, leaning closer to probable. I have a 2WT that is begging for some blue gill action, so I'm hopeful that I'll be there.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

The signup sheet is improving! We are up to 8 on the list at the fish-in page, and I know of a couple of people coming in addition to that. This is going to be a fun trip.
    Better to be an active environmentalist than and environmental activist.

FFMIRSWTNBOF
    (Full Fledged Member in Raunchy Standing-Within The NBOF)

The anticipation is killing me!

As much as I am looking forward to the fishing I am really looking forward to not working on my house.
    Tim

Blog Entries

We're down to the last month! I'm giving serious consideration to driving out Thursday PM and being ready to go on Friday morning.
    Better to be an active environmentalist than and environmental activist.

FFMIRSWTNBOF
    (Full Fledged Member in Raunchy Standing-Within The NBOF)

Now you're just making me jealous. I don't think I'd be able to make it Thursday PM, but I am hoping to get an early start on Friday morning.
    Tim

I plan to be there before noon on friday!

I will be down friday morning early.
    "Next to a healthy 10 pound carp a brook trout can look like a minnow in a clown suit"

+ Reply to Thread