+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Observations from the tying table ....

Okay. For those of you that use the Trash Trough and tie with the ceiling fan on (like me), I think I have a solution. I slipped an EndDust dust cloth into the Trash Trough and it seems to do the trick. I can actually blow directly into the trough with bits and pieces in it and 90+% of the material stays in place. The EndDust dust cloth feels dry, but it has something in it that attracts and holds onto light material like dust and small bits of fur and feather. I will use this for the next few weeks and see how it works. I've never had too much of a problem with the ceiling fan except when I lay stuff down on the desk like a measured bit of fur or maribou. Then when I notice that it's not where I put it but rather on my lap or on the floor, I realize that the fan has "relocated" it for me. If anyone else out there with a trash trough wants to put a piece of EndDust dust cloth into the trough, we can find out more quickly if this is a valid solution or not.

I'll keep you posted.

Bass Bug,

The trash trough is just a home made idea I came up with because I was not happy with any of the trash collection devices I could find out there. I used a nylon "basket" similar to the one you have pictured, but it always seemed to be in the way and if I dropped something into it, it was a pain to dig it out. I always seemed to drop in a precut length of chennile when I had both hands busy and it would of course pick up all the loose bits of stuff and need to be cleaned. You can view the link to the article I wrote for FAOL here http://www.flyanglersonline.com/feat...cast/rc515.php I've used mine exclusively for about 2 years and so far it is the best system I've found (at least for me). Please feel free to contact me if you are interested in building one and have any questions at all.

Jim Smith
    Last edited by James Smith; 04-24-2010 at 02:30 AM.

Duckie one,
    I'm so sorry!! Everybody!! It was Duckie one who told me about this trash trough in the first place, and James who produced it. MANY, many thanks for the trough ... for the idea, and for the product. It's really a dandy!!

I believe it should be, "No .... thank YOU!!!"
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

For trash I have been using an empty tissue box and left the plastic flaps on, I have tipped it over and knocked it on the floor, 99% stays in the box.

Hey Betty, post a picture. I'm curious.

Lastchance,

If you click on the link I pasted into my last posting (three postings up from this) you will see the article complete with diagrams, instructions and photos. Really simple to make and it works great.

Good luck and if you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Jim Smith

Hey that trash trough looks great. How did I miss that FAOL article?!? I need one of those now. Very cool.

Thanks for bringing this back up Betty!
    Tim

+ Reply to Thread