+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: flyfishing out west...advice for planning a trip

if you would want too travel up too alberta canada there would be the bow river too float with lunker browns and bows, ide guarntee u atleast a few 20"ers maybe a 2 footer and theres dozens of mountain lakes and streams(althought most dont open till july 16th so the dry fly fishing should just be starting too pick up around the end of june early july with some big stoneflies and drakes coming off. you could fish for cutthroat brookies bulltrout grayling u name the possibilities are endless , you could hike anywere from a few hundred feet too several miles and its all beautiful and all fish aready and willing too take ur fly. ide be more than happy to show u around as long as im not on a trip myself...send me an email if you would like sunskyhooksnwater@flyfishcalgary.com

[This message has been edited by sunskyhooksnwater (edited 31 January 2006).]

Yeah I agree about trying the tailwaters...forgot about them as I was typing my previous reply in a rush so I wouldnt be late for work LOL. I dont have much experience on the Missouri or the Bighorn but they are definitely worth looking into.

As for the snowpacks...we are above normal for the year to date so that is good as long as it keeps up . It may make getting into some mountain lakes a little more interesting this year if things stay the way they are.

------------------
    Take care everyone and cya around. Mark
    Take care and cya around,

Mark

In Montana I would never book a trip on any of the rivers that have run off until after the 12th of July. So I agree with the rest go to the Tailwater Rivers such as the Mo. Ron

I would highly recommend the Bighorn that time of year. Drop me an email if you want to fish and I will help you out with some info. Heck, I might eve go!

------------------
    <A HREF="http://www.wolfmountainfly.com" TARGET=_blank>www.wolfmountainfly.com
    "A</A> proud FAOL Sponsor"

+ Reply to Thread