+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Role call ...........

I'm lucky enough to fish the Charlotte Harbor/Pine Island Sound area of SW Florida year-round. When the wind allows, I'll fly fish for whatever is hitting that season/day - snook, reds, trout, or whatever else might hit my fly (jacks are a hoot, and I've even caught flounder on a white clouser). But lots of times the last few years, the wind dictates spinning gear, with fly fishing only in the lee when you can find it.

Flyflinger

Quote Originally Posted by kjgallaher View Post
    Hey Eddie!
    Hey Kieth Hows it ?

I fish in NJ in either Raritan Bay or Barnegat Bay area for blues, striped bass, and flounder

Ive fished Montauk, Boston, Cape Lookout, Charleston, Belieze, the everglades and a lot of the keys for albies, stripers, blues, reds, tarpon, bones,Permit, snook and jacks---Venice, Baja and Costa Rica are on my list. (as soon as the economy gets better)
    "She had hooks to make a fish think twice!" ---Chris Smither-"Lola"

Live on the south side of Houston, TX. Nowadays, I fish the flats primarily for trout and redfish but, in the summer I'll go out past the breakers for tarpon, jacks, kingfish, tuna and anything else that will grace my fly with a bite. Spent a lot of my younger years fishing Key West but, more recently have done a little exploring out of Everglades City, also Mexico and Hawaii. Have been known to fish lakes and drainage ditches, too. Redfish and VIP.jpg

Formerly of the Eastern Shore, now in the Black Hills. adjusting to the wonderful trout waters here. I will surely miss the shad run, stripers, and the voracious blue fish, and that is why I lurk on the salt water threads. Honestly though, as long as it pulls back, I'm happy, trouts, bluegills or whatever .

Nice Red, there Animal Chris. I spent five years living in Surfside Beach (One island down the Intracoastal from Galveston) and got to have a lot of fun in the saltwater. I've never caught a tarpon or kingfish here though, but have caught ladyfish (distant and smaller relative to tarpon) and Spanish mackeral (again smaller relative to king mackeral) from the bays and surf. I also caught my share of redfish, trout and flounder. The most fun I've had saltwater fly fishing has been in the flats for bonefish, sharks, and barracuda in the Bahamas, though. Good stuff. Now I live closer to bass fishing, so don't get to the salt as often.

jack Guest

hey, decevr,

try the pensacolafishingforum.com. i'm a member there and it has a good connection with all the folks that frequent that area. most anglers on that forum are from texas all the way across the gulf. if you want to know anything about salt water fishing, that's the place.

jack

Charlotte Harbor & the Gulf Islands; Harbor Size: 701 square miles; 448,640 acres. 365 miles of canals; 190 miles of saltwater and 175 miles of freshwater. Charlotte Harbor, is formed by the blending of saltwater from the Gulf of Mexico with freshwater from the Peace and Myakka rivers. Tarpon, snook, redfish, trout, barracuda, cobia and grouper are some of the many species fished for. Charlotte Harbor & the Gulf Islands includes the areas of Boca Grande, Don Pedro Island, El Jobean, Englewood-Cape Haze, Little Gasparilla Island, Manasota Key, Palm Island, Placida, Port Charlotte and Punta Gorda; with Pine Island, CayoCosta, the Captivas & Sanibel just to the southwest. There's over 400 different species of fish to beat the waters to a froth with anything from a #2 to a #13 weight

Have recently re-discovered the surf with fly and spinning. Keansburg down to Island Beach State Park in N.J. Mainly Seaside Park area.

Tom

+ Reply to Thread