+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tying Materials... LOTS!!!

Blog Entries

Default Tying Materials... LOTS!!!

I am helping a friend move some tying materials he was left from a commercial tyer. I will try to describe the lots as best I can but need to point out the volumes are huge (I have 4 huge tubs of stuff) and I need to move it. Do not be afraid to offer more than I am asking... Or even less! I am breaking it down more than I really want, but almost everything listed is abundant...

Offers involving more stuff will have an advantage!

I will just keep adding and making small posts as I go or I would never get through it all...
    Shipping will be as close to actual cost as can be easily figured. I intend to drop the items in a large manilla envelope and mail First Class. Looks like a 10 ounce envelope across country (mailed as a package) is under $3.00.

Hackles:
    1) Strung coachamn brown saddles- 4" or so... a little light colored for coachman, but the quality looks good. About 1 ounce, 6" sections for $3.00

2) Strung black dyed hackles as above- These look very good.
    About 1 ounce, 6" sections for $3.00

3)Strung medium olive saddles- 6"... These were obviously dyed over brown and have a pronounced brassy/brown tone.
    Same 6" section, but will be over an ounce I believe... $4.00

4) Mostly complete medium dun saddles (I have 4 plus one more a bit darker)... These are nothing like good genetic rooster saddles as they have 4-7" hackles or so, but they are very clean, have a fair amount of light dun chickabu on each, spades and some schlappen. They are about 12" total for the longest several and a bit less for the others. $7.50 each Sold the dark dun

5) Two Black capes (dyed grizzly) One shows a small amount of use, but very little. Should be able to get 16s and even 18s. Barb count is not great and they are a bit stiff, but there are lots of 10-14s. I strongly suspect they are "Pro" grade, but have no paperwork. $15 each

6) Three black capes as above with large spots missing in the 14-16 range. Lots of good smaller and larger hackle. Lots of hackle has been pulled off capes and is in one bag. There is a lot of hackle in the bag and more than could have come from the three capes. $20.00

7) Black dyed saddle (dyed grizzly) heavily used but still has lots of spades, very short (3") dry fly hackles to 12s and maybe smaller, and very nice schlappen $4.00

( Metz #3 natural dun cape. Bald spot where most of the 14 hackles used to be. All of the smaller and larger hackles are here. A few splashes of brown. $10 Sold

9) Metz #3 natural dun as above, but bigger bald spot in same place and no brown. $8.00 SoldPF

10) Metz #3 white cape front end only. This is just the hackles from about 16 on down. There are some 14s and it runs down to about average for the grade... $2.00 SoldPF

11) Chinese rooster necks, two red dun, one light barred ginger, one dyed very dark olive. Typical small necks. They look complete and untouched. $2 each, all 4 for $6.00

I have a visitor, so I will be adding more later.
    thanks for looking!
    art
    Last edited by hap; 03-24-2010 at 04:27 AM.

Blog Entries

So I spent several hours making a huge post with scads more items and lost it all some how... Not the best feeling...

12) grizzly hen cape and saddle appears intact and complete, fairly large... $8.00 Sold pending Funds

13) 8 hoffman grizzly saddles with only schlappen left... $2.00

14) unidentified grizzly saddles with chickabou and some hackles left... You could still tie a lot of buggers with what is left but the main thing with these is the flank feathers which are neatly barred. It is a big bunch of streamers and such... $3.00 Sold

15) Almost complete grizzly rooster body skin from the bottom of the cape down, no tail or wings, very little in the way of dry fly hackle, but lots of streamers and such. Lots of spades for tailing, too. $9.00 Sold pending funds

16) Loose grizzlysaddles... pretty webby, not dry fly material. Gallon zip-lock with at least a couple ounces... $2.00

17) 4 red dun saddles... These have been picked over, but the spades remain and there are lots of good dark "red" tails on each, two have dark dun and red spades. Each will still tie a lot of dry flies and the schlappen is there... $1.00 each One dark dun with red remains
    1 Strung yellow saddles ~4" long... 6" should be about an ounce for $3.00

19) Strung chartreuse saddles ~4" long... 6" should be about an ounce for $3.00

20) STrung purple saddles ~ 6" long... 6" strip should be well over an ounce for $4.00

Much more to come!
    thanks for looking
    art
    Last edited by hap; 03-24-2010 at 04:30 AM.

Blog Entries

21) 6" coachman brown strung saddle hackles... 6" strip should be well over an ounce for $4.00 (Got lots, try to hammer me with a bulk deal! )

22) 7 small retail packs of strung saddle hackles- 3- 5" silver doctor blue, 3-6" ginger, 1-4" badger... $5.00 for all 7 Sold

23) marabou strung red... A little better than average. Good fluff, but stems are not wispy. About a pound is available, and figured $2.00 per ounce.

24) marabou strung yellow... better than the red, more wispy stems and fluffier... Have about a half-pound at $2.00 per ounce also.

25) marabou strung chartreuse... very good stuff, but only about a long ounce... $2.00 Sold

26) marabou loose wine... unstrung and less than an ounce, probably... $1.50 SoldPF

27) marabou strung olive... very high quality! But not much of it... about 4", less than an ounce by quite a bit... $3.00 SoldPF

2 loose saddle hackles, (separated) bags of black, brown, olive, purple, yellow, chartreuse... more than you need for $4.00

thanks for looking!
    art
    Last edited by hap; 03-20-2010 at 07:12 AM.

Hey Hap I would like #9 and #10 from the first pos, (the metz dun and metz white) one is $8.00 and the other $2.00, that would be a total of $15.00, how do you want me to send you the money ?

Tim
    (Grubb FAOL)
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

I will take item 26 olive and item 27 wine. How to pay ? hold untill you have posted all items, may NEED more.

Bruce
    ( IBRB )

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grubb View Post
    Hey Hap I would like #9 and #10 from the first pos, (the metz dun and metz white) one is $8.00 and the other $2.00, that would be a total of $15.00, how do you want me to send you the money ?

Tim
    (Grubb FAOL)
    Tim
    If you would like to wait for me to get the rest posted that is no problem and I am holding 9&10 for you.

Payment may be with any method that works for you other than CC... Paypal is fine, I'll pay the 3%, any kind of check is fine. I have no fears someone buying tying supplies would be looking at stiffing me.
    Thanks!
    art
    Last edited by hap; 03-18-2010 at 09:01 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ibrb View Post
    I will take item 26 olive and item 27 wine. How to pay ? hold untill you have posted all items, may NEED more.

Bruce
    ( IBRB )
    Bruce
    26 and 27 are set aside for you and I will take whatever payment method you would like.
    thanks!
    art

Blog Entries

I hurt my back yesterday and I am very slow right now... I will try to get more stuff listed today...
    art

Blog Entries

Glo-bug yarn:
    29) Glo Bug brand fly yarn in 10 yard packages (smallish diameter yarn)... 2 Peachy king, 1 salmon egg, 1 cream delight, 1 egg (yellow with a hint of pink)- new unopened packs- $1.00 each Sold Pending Funds

30) Glo Bug brand yarn in 15 feet packages... 1 black, 1 flame- new unopened packs- $1.00 each Sold Pending Funds

31) Glo Bug brand Rope in 3' package... All of these are about the same size packages, just the diameter of the yarn is different- bright red $1.00 Sold Pending Funds

32) Glo Bug brand micro yarn in 8 yard packages... 1 champagne, 2 salmon egg... Much smaller packages than above packs $.75 each Sold Pending Funds

33) ZAK jumbo neon yarn, 2 pink and one chartreuse... $2.50 Sold Pending Funds

34) Mack's Lures yarn packs... 3 Cerise, 1 radiant pink, 1 Flame, 1 rocket red, 1 chartreuse, 2 chartreuse-green... all unopened blister packs, but some have had the card backers trimmed off... $.75 each Sold

35) Poly yarn on retail cards- 2 packages each of pale blue and forest green (I like this stuff for cutting into 1" pieces and adding to my dubbing blender to increase sparkle, colors, and flotation)... $.50 each Sold the blue

36) two heavily used/abused chartreuse calftails... There is about half of a calftail worth of material, but it is a hard color to find usually... $.50

37) new calftails... Red, Yellow, black, kelly green... $2.00 each Sold

3 deer hair patch... Not coarse enough for spinning, but looks perfect for caddis wings, humpys and such, color runs from dark to medium... over 30 square inches remain... $4.00 Sold Pending Funds

More later...
    thanks for looking
    art
    Last edited by hap; 03-20-2010 at 07:17 AM.

Blog Entries

If you are thinking I am too high on prices please consider shooting me an offer. I need to move this stuff and we have a tying clinic here on Saturday and I expect a bunch of this stuff will disappear there...
    thanks for looking
    art

+ Reply to Thread