+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Bass - Your Choice

Blog Entries

Wow.. TF that SD does have a lot "going on". Really nice-looking fly but I've got dial up. Going to take me a week just to download the recipe.

I have fished some at night with conventional tackle but never with the long rod. It's on my list of things to do this summer.

Hey.. is Kent at Osceola still making bows over there? I bought one of his longbows a hunerd years ago. Still have it.
    Last edited by HideHunter; 03-11-2010 at 01:18 PM.
    "Flyfishing is not a religion. You can make up your own rules as you go.".. Jim Hatch.. 2/27/'06

HideHunter,
    If you haven't been out night fly fishing for bass your missing out on some off the greatest fishing I have every experienced. There is nothing like the sound off a big bass smashing a topwater offering less than ten feet from you. I don't know what part of SE Iowa your from, but if you ever want to get together and try some night fishing your more than welcome.
    I didn't have time to tie up a new bass toad, but I found one that I used last year to take a pic of. It's a little beat up, but you can at least it will give you an idea of what I am talking about.

Blog Entries

Man. you're right. That thing makes a "foot print". Cast like sock? 'Course at night you probably don't need to cast far anyway. I can about guess the width. How thick are the "leg?body" strips.

I'm on the Iowa over here north of Burlington. I can count the flyfishermen over here on one hand and have enough left over to still hold my drink. We ought to try and make that happen. I'd like to meet a few folks from the site.

thnx....g
    "Flyfishing is not a religion. You can make up your own rules as you go.".. Jim Hatch.. 2/27/'06

The fly actually doesn't cast too bad on my 7wt. Like you said you don't have to cast as far at night, but I can still make all of the casts that I want with this fly. I think it actually cast much easier than a popper of the same general size. All the body is are strips of foam x-wrapped to the top of the hook shank.

I am always happy to get together with a fellow fly angler. Your less than a couple of hours away, so I could easily meet you over there, meet in the middle, or show you around my neck of the woods. I also think that it would be fun to get together with as many of the Iowa faol members as possible.

An "Iowa Fish-In"?? Build it, and they will come! ;o)
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

IF there's going to be an Iowa fish-in, I'm in. Minnesota's not that far away.

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by FishnDave View Post
    An "Iowa Fish-In"?? Build it, and they will come! ;o)
    You're right about that!

Oh yeah, me too. I'm in!

Well, will you look at that. It hasn't even been arranged yet and you've got three people signed up.
    Tim

By three people, I mean three more besides HideHunter and TheFreak, meaning five.

Yeah, I can count, it just takes me a couple tries.
    Tim

Blog Entries

Well, if we just all showed up at Rick's house what could he say? I'd sure like to meet some of you guys.

I'm in...couple hour drive from Lincoln, NE

+ Reply to Thread