Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OUR RIGHT TO FISH IS AT STAKE!! Holy Cow is this true?!!?

What one person doesn't find alarming is not the same for another. What a person in the midwest may think in this case would be far from the thoughts a Mid-atlantic saltwater guy may feel. The track record on the fluke and winter flounder out here has been horrible. No reason to feel "good" about anything this administration may pull.

I give this thread maybe 5.....6 more posts then lockdown.

Useless dribble.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

Honestly, I'm amazed it has lasted this long. I will say I'm not surprised. And everyone with the wait and see attitude is playing right into their game. This has always been their tactic, start small, regulate one fishery, close another. Not that some fisheries might not need better regulations, and some may need to have closed seasons, they are both viable conservation methods when used appropriately but you have to look at the long term goals of some of these groups. It's not to save the resource, it's to take away our means of enjoying the resource. And eventually we are stuck with nothing. Will it take a while, of course, but that's no reason to let them get the process started. If many of the people pushing for this had their way, there would be no fishing at all, anywhere, starting tomorrow. But they know they can't accomplish this, so they start hacking away at it bit by bit. I pray that the American people come around by the next election, but I've lost faith in the general public. To quote Agent K, "A person is smart, people are dumb..."
    Last edited by joe cool; 03-09-2010 at 05:13 PM.

I find it amazing that folks yell for somethign like this to get pulled? Uselss Dribble? Kerry, being from Washington you should remember what they did to the Alpine lakes....over a salamander! Not to mention the wildflowers getting trampled by too many fishermen.

5. Default

You know Obama is just doing this because you guys all made fun of him when he tried fly fishing.

Blog Entries

Default The sky just fell

WHICH PART OF NO POLITICS DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND???

Same stories and bs under BOTH Parties.
    Unless you have documented proof of Specific denial of fisher rights that need to be addressed keep this stuff off FAOL.

This thread is closed. DO NOT RE-OPEN it. NO POLITICS.
    And if you do have a political issue that needs the community action to prevent or reverse..
    Supply the facts, and a course of action to fix it.

THREAD CLOSED!!!!

Fly fishing is supposed to be a sport that promotes careful examination of your environment, and requires you to adapt to the situation at hand. Lets practice a little of that in real life.
    Last edited by rtidd; 03-09-2010 at 09:45 PM.

Closed Thread