+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stick on Reader lenses for sunglasses??

Default Stick on Reader lenses for sunglasses??

All,

I have a pair of bifocal sunglasses that are getting to the end of their life. No one carries bi-focal sunglasses in stock so it's hard to find a replacement pair. I found out that stick-on reading lenses exist. I know there has to be other makers also.

Has anyone used these? Do they work very well? I suspect they may fall off occasionally??

wayne
    Last edited by waynep; 02-19-2010 at 02:01 AM. Reason: fixed mis-spelling
    ----------------
    Wayne
    Trout, Bass, Carp, Whatever!
    http://flynut.wordpress.com

Actually, they don't fall off, at least mine didn't - I used them for quite a while, and only quit when the placement became more of a nuisance than the help they gave me. They are like a half circle, and I couldn't put them anyplace they didn't intrude on my distance vision, but they were on prescription glasses, so if you put them on regular sunglasses maybe they would not be as intrusive.

Could you cut them to size? Maybe make them shorter?
    ----------------
    Wayne
    Trout, Bass, Carp, Whatever!
    http://flynut.wordpress.com

That is soooo cool. You click on the words and there they are! I use them and love them. I like that I can put them in the upper corner of my sunglass so I am not looking down into them while trying to navigate a new area. Really messes me up trying to walk.
    I use them on my Plastic lenses and Glass. A little water and they stick!

I had 'em, and think I gave them a fair chance. I don't have bifocals- I just wanted/needed the magnification in my sunglasses to tie on flies. I 'bout went nuts trying to walk or drive with them. Everytime I looked down it was, well magnified. They were convenient b/c water held them tight. That was never a problem. I did resort to cutting them, trying to get a lower smaller profile. Gave up. Interesting, I never tried them in an upper corner.

Me, either - that might be the ticket - I knew some folks who did this with the sunglasses they wore for golf - they must not have been distracting, cause they played great golf.

I had an old pair of sunglasses w/o bifocals. Stuck them on where the bifocal part of my glasses started and they stayed there for years. Works just like a bifocal lens. My prescription changes and I bought some bifocal sunglasses, but was very happy with the stick on lenses.

Beaver

i like the clip-on, flip-up magnifiers. only use them when you need them. no looking down and see fuzzy rocks or grass when walking.

I use them when riding my bike, too. Keeps from having to change glasses to read a map.

I had 'em. One fell in the water and was lost. I do better with clip-ons attached to my bifocals.

+ Reply to Thread