+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Look....No Like

Blog Entries

This white background makes it much harder for me to read.

DG what do you mean you're rapidly becoming an obstinate old guy....... that's a laugh......you have been an obstinate old guy for years.
    The only difference is that you are finally beginning to recognize that fact. I'd have inserted an Mr green smiley face here mostly because I know DG doesn't like emoticons.

That is if I could have found the emoticons ( insert a frowney face here )
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Gnu Bee
    They're here Look down and click on smilies at Posting Permissions.

At first glance this site looks much cleaner. The biggest change I had to make is to hit the 'display' button to the left when in a thread and switch it to 'linear' mode.
    I'll hold any real judgment until I've browsed a while but again, on the first blush, much cleaner looking.

Could use some updated emoticons though for sure.

Blog Entries

Great new look! I like it and think most people will, too. Of course, you'll have some disgruntled people who probably disliked the change from typewriter to computer and from fiberglass to graphite. Oh, well.
    Steve

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mcsteff View Post
    Gnu Bee
    They're here Look down and click on smilies at Posting Permissions.
    Ok go to the Home page and click on the picture of the four books. Explain to me why you then get what you get........
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Quote Originally Posted by Gemrod View Post
    I REALLY do not like the change. But, so be it. I just feel in my gut I won't be too inclined to visit as much.
    You are kidding right? Change is part of life. Get past it and hang out with us. You know you can't stay away from these crazy cast of characters for long. Come on,,, give it a chance. When you have a technical question, just ask. You know we will do our best to help.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

What is the significance of the red vs blue envelopes?

Edit: Think I figured it out....relates to # of views....I'm guessing greater than 150 gets a red....
    Last edited by ducksterman; 02-13-2010 at 10:41 PM.

I think it is harder to read. I'm not against change but the white, or lighter background does make it harder for me to read.
    Maybe the writing could be a little darker?
    Will it stop me from visiting?? I DARE YOU TO TRY AND STOP ME!!!!!!!
    Wyo-Blizzard

9. Default

Don't think anyone here is "disgruntled" I'm with the don't like crowd, simple enough solution, just add a skin with similar colors as the old, or at least something with some contrast for us with tired/old eyes.

The old board was like a well worn old shirt comfortable and familiar. This is different, it's slick looking and will probably become comfortable with use and wear. I would like to increase the font on the reply screen, this looks like a size 8 font, I like about a 10 or 12. It's an age thing.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

+ Reply to Thread