+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Forum Format

Blog Entries

OK I don't like the grey background it makes it hard for me to read and my son who is dyslexic mentioned that it was very hard for him to read. Also when I log in and hit the take me to first new post it takes me to the first post in the thread. it should take me to the first post made sense I last read the tread.

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

Cold Guest

Quote Originally Posted by vmabuck View Post
    This is my only critique:

The words on this new format seem to be sunken in amidst the BOLD Post Header bar. I like the words to be jumping out a bit if possible. My eyes keep getting sucked in to focus on the dark bar.
    Agreed. It seems the attention is drawn to the less important bits of each page: In a forum, the header icon and thread author are each as attention grabbing as the most important bit of into on that page: the thread title. Perhaps the graphic and thread author could be downsized (and I'd suggest making the thread author a non-link...I accidentally click that so many times!)

In thread-view, the biggest attention grabber is the nigh-insignificant post date and post number in the bronze bar above each post. For this purpose, I think the left-side bar on each post, with its author, date/time, etc. is ideal.

Overall, I think the new look is cleaner, neater, more professional, and more akin to what you see on similar boards. Still, there are some minor tweaks that I feel would make the new design more user-friendly, and easier on the eyes.

EDIT: RE: Eric: Yes, the first new POST function is sorely missed by me as well.

It's still FAOL, ain't it?...if IT went away, I'd be bothered.
    I can always live with change & we all just have to get used to the new look. It will be interesting to explore what new "things" we may find.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Blog Entries

I can live with the changes, but that doesn't mean I have to LIKE them. This version is more difficult to read, much lower contrast between text and background, clickable links and regular text, and the font in this reply box is REALLY REALLY SMALL.

Looks like the Post header bar has been toned down a bit.

Much better!
    The sport is so royal that there is neither gentle nor villein, if it knew of it and loved it well, who would not be more honoured for that reason by all who understand it.

Blog Entries

Most of the time, people do not like change, but they eventually get used to it. This is awesome and looks very good! What a job!
    Steve

I like the new setup but gotta do some color changing LOL, I'd leave the sections the way they've been and everyone is used to. Can't believe it went so smooth for you guys you diefinately had it wired right

Fatman

I find it hard to read
    The colors could be sharper
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

I agree, the colors should be a little sharper. The light back ground is a little hard for me to see, makes me squint a little.
    Stop me from using??? IN YOU DREAMS!!
    Wyo-Blizzard

Blog Entries

Have to agree with DG on this one, I too can live with the changes but........

It isn't as easy to read, I would like a font size choice and where are the cute little emoticons?

I know that change is inevitable, especially in the world of Trons. It is just that we do get used to something and we do resist change. We will eventually get used to this new format and accept as the norm.

What I thought was a font size turns out to be a text box size to either bigger or smaller, good idea.

Wait a minure--Where is the Chat Room section that used to be down at the bottom of the main BB page? It always showed if anyone was in the chat room, I can't find it. I guess I could go to the Home page and enter the chat room that way, but if no one is there why would I? Please replace the view of the chat room on the BB page.

Larry ---sagefisher---
    Last edited by sagefisher; 02-13-2010 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Missing Chat Room view
    Organizations and clubs I belong to:

Fly Fishers International Life Member
    FFI 1000 Stewards member
    FFI Presidents Club
    FFI Fly Tying Group Life Member

Washington State Council FFI
    V.P. Membership

Alpine Fly Fishers Club
    President & Newsletter Editor--The Dead Drift

North Idaho Fly Casters club

+ Reply to Thread