+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Annual Squirrel Tail Give-away

Thanks for the tails. You are to be commended for your gift to us. David

Mine came in today also, just wanted to say thanks and keep an eye in the mail.. I may not tie pretty but they are effective.

Rick

Got mine and mucho thanks!

I dont have anything to send back...and I cant read your hand writing on the envelope...but if you'll send me a PM with your address I'll send a few $$ for "ammo" and such for this next year.

Thanks again partner!

Blog Entries

Sully - don't you worry about it. I shoot really good ammo but I buy it by the brick. Few cents a squirrel.

I would like to see some pics of some of your squirrel tail patterns. I have a couple patterns that are really effective for me. I'll try to find a couple that are "photo quality" and post a pic.
    "Flyfishing is not a religion. You can make up your own rules as you go.".. Jim Hatch.. 2/27/'06

Happened to have this picture handy of a Gray squirrel tail beaded Coachman I put together.....yeah I too wish the thorax was fuller....

Default tails.

Received mine today.Thanks again.Ray

7. Smile Thanks fer the tails

I received the tails with Thursdays mail. Thanx

Blog Entries

Nice looking fly Duckster.

Here's a couple of my favorites:

The top one I can take no credit for. I found it on the net in one of my first searches "pre-tying" even "pre- FAOL". The tyer called it a Breamkiller. I do tie a number of variations, including one on a dry fly hook that is a really slow sinker and one on a nymph hook (sometimes even with a few wraps of wire) for a faster sink.

The lower I actually came up with myself. (I'm sure someone before me ) I originally tied it on a #12, "translucent" with black eyes to match tiny fry that crappie were feeding on in the shallows. It is chain bead eyes with an epoxy head. I tie it in all sizes and with various tails and colored heads and it has been a great producer for me. Because it resembles the old "Weber Crappie Killer" jig of my youth, that's what I call it.
    "Flyfishing is not a religion. You can make up your own rules as you go.".. Jim Hatch.. 2/27/'06

Default Squirrel tails

Quote Originally Posted by HideHunter View Post
    Still a few requests coming in. I can't believe the great response. This thing has over doubled each year.

You guys are going to force me to hunt more squirrels next year. I'll go broke buying biscuits for the gravy.

I'm going to be gone for the weekend (new Bass Pro - my wife of 39 years can spot a new gun at 50 yards but she can't tell fly rods apart yet. )

Everyone who has requested will receive tails. If you have not PMed me your snail mail address, please do that.

I'll start through the PMs first of the week. I will respond to each. And . . thanks for the kind words and offers.

goodluckandgoodfishin'.... g
    Got mine today, thanks HH, your gnerosity is overwhelming
    "Tap her light and she'll always be fresh"

Hidehunter, thanks so much for the squirrell tails. got them the other day and am already putting them to good use. Picket pins and llamas are my favorite wet flies with squirrel.

+ Reply to Thread