+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Color Swap

Bass_Bug Guest

Came home to a rainbow of flies today. This has to be one of the finest collections of swap flies I've seen. Great job to all!! Casey where on earth did you get pink Silver Pheasant????

Blog Entries

Bass_Bug: from one of three "exhibitors" at the Fly Tying Symposium, Somerset, in November. it was that or pink golden pheasant tippet, but the whole idea of the latter just gave me chills. there were some great exotics for sale there. i never did figure out a pink jungle cock feather, and the guinea hen didn't work out well as an eye. hence the paint.

waltryan: did you tell your sweet wife about how lifelike those hornbergs were? oh, maybe better not. most ladies do not like the image of a box full of roaches all shimmering and crawling.

i've not forgotten that some of you didn't have your flies' photos posted here. if i ever get home (Washington has 20 inches of snow predicted for Sat.) it's next on my list. thanks for signing on and making the whole thing work--it was fun!
    fly fishing and baseball share a totally deceptive simplicity; that's why they can both be lifelong pursuits.

Default Mine....

Are here ---GREAT job everyone!!!!! Thanks Casey!

Brannon
    http://cff1611.proboards.com
    Sow a thought....reap an act;
    Sow an act....reap a habit;
    Sow a habit...reap a character;
    Sow a character....reap a destiny!!!!!

Normand Guest

i got mine also. nice set of flies

Blog Entries

My wife volunteers more than a little for the Alaska Casting For Recovery program... For some reason she thinks Casey's Carrie Stevens streamer and Andre's beetle rule the box!

And my 16 year old son shakes his head and wonders why anyone would limit themselves to just one color...

Very good swap and thanks to all!

Blog Entries

hap, let your wife learn to tie flies, and next year she can join my ALL PINK SWAP!
    fly fishing and baseball share a totally deceptive simplicity; that's why they can both be lifelong pursuits.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyP View Post
    hap, let your wife learn to tie flies, and next year she can join my ALL PINK SWAP!
    She won the People's Choice award in the AK Fly Fishers tying competition last year. She intends to do it again this year. I will not be betting against her.
    art

I got mine yesterday. Thanks everyone for 1st class flies.
    Walt

Hello everybody,

I have received them today. TERRIFIC!!

Thanks to all who took part. (I thought I was going to be the only one with pink, but I see that somebody else could not avoid it. LOL, I was a bad boy)

Andres T.

Blog Entries

here are the photos of the last two flies that we have no images of on this thread. all the rest are accounted for, thanks to those of you who posted your own pictures.

freddyg, hope you got your flies--speak up if not!

CaseyP's pink streamer REE's Firey Brown

+ Reply to Thread