+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Poppes on my blog

Default Poppes on my blog

In case any of you guys are interested, I updated my blog with some poppers. Hope it gives you all some ideas on tying poppers or sparks some interest in them for fishing warm water.

The link to the blog is in my signature line. Hope any who may be interested enjoys.

Jeff
    fishing bum in training
    My blog:
    http://www.kyflyfishguy.blogspot.com/

Default Good ones !

I like those Jeffnles, makes me wonder if there's a way to tye a blue damsel in that style...something in a 6 or 8. I know they're smaller and more delicate than that but i'm working lmb's and 14's and 16's would just bend. I say this because i see some explosive takes when blue damsels touch down, sometimes the bass even clear the water trying to get the damsels as they flutter around on the wind.

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

Jeff,

I've had the chance to check out your Blog a few times in the last several weeks and I must say I think you've done a fine job. Keep up the good work. I've been trying to find a way to post an " 'attaboy" directly to your blog, but I'm obviously technologically deficient.

In any case, nice work. Hopefully, we'll cross paths again at BVL sometime this spring or summer.

Take Care!
    Joe Bertolini

Quote Originally Posted by alra195 View Post
    Jeff,

I've had the chance to check out your Blog a few times in the last several weeks and I must say I think you've done a fine job. Keep up the good work. I've been trying to find a way to post an " 'attaboy" directly to your blog, but I'm obviously technologically deficient.

In any case, nice work. Hopefully, we'll cross paths again at BVL sometime this spring or summer.

Take Care!
    Joe,
    Good to hear from you. I'd like to get fishing with you agian. I went to BV a couple times last year before all the bit "stink" started between Central Indiana Trout Unlimited and the local fishermen over some proposal or another that was being discussed.

Didn't feel like going up there to fish and having my car keyed or a brick thrown through the window.

It seems as if things have settled down but it will be a while before the river is back to its old self. I guess some of the locals took it upon themselves to remove every trout they could catch from the water.

At the end of last summer, people were reporting dismal fishing results. The "rumor" is that some of the local fishermen who were up in arms over whatever the proposal was took it upon themselves to rid the river of every trout they could catch, snag or net.

I think it'll need to be sometime after the state stocks it again before it would be worth fishing there again.

Kind of sad really but with a little common sense it will be back to usual in a few months.

Jeff
    Last edited by jeffnles1; 02-05-2010 at 11:39 PM.
    fishing bum in training
    My blog:
    http://www.kyflyfishguy.blogspot.com/

Jeff,

Hadn't heard about that from my BV contacts. I only made it over once last year, in July, and had a respectable day. Thanks for the intel. I'll have to ask the Park Manager at the dam if he knows anything about this. I'm not going to hold my breath that he does. They just don't seem to keep up with activities that happen down stream.

In any case, well done on the Blog. See you in the spring!
    Joe Bertolini

+ Reply to Thread