+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing/living in Pennsylvania

NW - Erie Co. - Oil Creek - Drakes Well

[This message has been edited by 2 Sage (edited 27 December 2005).]

York, PA

Favorite waters: (in order)
    Letort, Big Springs, Falling Springs, Penns Creek, and a few un-named brook trout creeks.

I really should start fishing some of the closer waters; the Codorous and Muddy Creek come to mind. A buddy at work mainly fishes those waters and we made a pact to do a knowledge exchange.

May your loops be tight, backcast high, and lines tight.

Indiana PA here. Ususally go to the Little Mahoning flyfishing project. 5 miles of great scenery and fishing.

I live in the southwestern edge of the Pocono's near the Lehigh/Susquehanna Rivers watershed divide. My home waters are there and there are a number of them. Some were mentioned above.
    Streams, devoid of trout 30 years ago because of acid mine drainage, like the Lackawanna River and the Little Schuylkill have been reclaimed into prime fisheries and more are being rescued. Float trips on the Lehigh River are beginning to become popular.
    Northeast Pa. is within a 3 hour drive of some of the best flyfishing on earth! (That includes Smallmouth bass.) The upper Delaware and Catskills are 90 minutes away. Likewise the Limestoners to west and south and the freestone streams of the north central mountains. Life is good!

I live in Enola. Just across the river from Harrisburg. My Home waters used to be Opossum Lake near Carlisle, but the PFBC decided that the dam was dangerous and drained the lake. Now I need to find new water. Probably the Susquehanna if it'll have water this year.

------------------
    Jesus hung out with fishermen!

Like so many Jersey fishermen, I spend a lot of time fishing Pennsylvania. I'm not sure that I have home waters, but I've fished the Lehigh Valley a lot, as well as Ressica Falls. And even though it's 3hrs and 20min from my home, I was on Spring Creek 15 days this year -- I really like those Spring Creek browns.

Nobody yet has claimed the river with the largest wild trout in the state as their home water. That's good. Or are a few of you guys just covering it up?

John R.,

I have a relative who just moved to Susquehanna Cty. It's about a 40 minute drive from the river you're talking about, and when I was at his home last month that river was close enough that it has become my adopted home water! I made three trips there within a week! I always loved that river, but it's such a long ride from home that I never got to fish it much, but I think that problem has disappeared. In my previous post I said I might have to find a new home, and I think I may have.

John

I live in Mechanicsburg PA and I guess would call the Yellow Breeches my home water. I enjoy many other waters here in central pa and also the northern part of the state. I enjoyed an outing with Tim Murphy another FAOL member and would enjoy getting together with other members sometime. My email is listed so give me a holler. Probably will spend this friday on the C&R section of the breeches.

Bill

Home stream would be Clarks. She has been a good friend to me for a lot of years. Hello Boyer, don't know which one you are, a lot of your family in our area. I will be fishing Rattling on New Years day. Always try to start year off with a few trout.

+ Reply to Thread