+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: went and done it

Blog Entries

Good stuff Bob..

man I am retired at 47yo , and am taking some free training classes, 2young2retire and I am scared..

Last classes I took, were with drill Sgts, and averaged 200 - 300 push ups......

Man good luck.. I know that you can do this and it is a great Profession also..
    As in the Army, I have never had a bad day Fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one!
    Everyone must believe in something and I believe in Fly Fishing and Fly Tying and believe I will
    Member of Project Healing Waters & Fly Fishing Canada, Project Healing Waters Canada

Congrats Bob.

Great decision. I used to try to keep my load down to about 9 credits, but have done 15. I used to figure for every classroom hour, I'd spent 2 hours at home studying. Yeah, you'll probably have homework, and lots of it.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Thumbs up

Bob -

It won't be easy, but it should prove interesting, rewarding, and enjoyable ( some of the time, at least ).

All the best to you, and your family, in this fantastic undertaking !!

John
    The fish are always right.

nighthawk Guest

Good for you!

GOOD FOR YOU !!!! GREAT NEWS!

I went back to college at 49 after realizing my job was really an "American Sweat Shop". I understand the anxiety but stick with it. I spent two years working 14 hour days and attending University of Phoenix full time. I graduated two years later with a B.S. Business Information Systems.

As for FAOL believe me it is a Savior - turn to us when you need to get some sanity back into your brain
    Let No One Walk Alone
    <*)))))><{----------}><((((*>

Smile

Congratuations! Glad to hear your going to do it! Yes, 37 credits can be a load, but if it is something you really want to do and you enjoy it, YOU CAN DO IT! It will require hard work and sacrifice but so does everything else in life that is worthwhile. So give it your best shot and have fun. You'll be glad you did. We are all rooting for you!!

Don't want to sound rude. But if you are going to college, you might want to spell it right
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

Katy, Texas (Houston is our biggest suburb!)
    Blog Entries

Bob:

As some one who has had students your age in my classes, don't be intimidated by the younger students who may be in class with you. Granted, they should still have study habits, etc., but what you have to offer them, based on your experiences, is invaluable to them. I suspect that, before you know it, they will be offering to help you.

You will be doing yourself a great disservice if you ever hesitate to go talk to your prof when you have the slightest bit of trouble with the course. As long as they know you are definitely interested in learning, they can be very benevolent. They realize you are not in the habit of studying, or taking tests, and that it is a real struggle, particularly the first semester, to get back into the swing of things, and will often make "allowances" for that.

The Best of Luck to You!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by harleybob87 View Post
    Since 2003 my wife has been on me to get a collage edamacation. Went done on the 5th and applied for a collage to get a certification in paharmacy tech. Will go back the following year and get a degree in science. I will still be working a full time 40 hour a week job and attending school at night. So for the next year begining in Febuary I will be on here very very little. I am excited and scared to death at the same time. I just feel at 56 I may be spinning my wheels. We shall see. Question for you collage people. Is 37 credits in 11 months a lot?

37 credits in 11 months is a lot if you have a full time job. More than 6-8 hours is more that I can handle in night classes. Remember that you need to schedule 1-4 hours of homework for each hour you spend in class. You can see how it will drain off any free time. Add that to time requirements for maintaining a lawn, house, family, etc... I would suggest that you start out slowly, with only one or two classes, to get the hang of it. Try to walk before you fly. I wish you well.

Ed

Bob Way to Go... I wish You all the Best, and Remember We are Here for YOU

+ Reply to Thread