+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Peak Vise

I have tied to #26 on my PEAK's regular jaws with little problems other than my ham-handedness. Seeing Bill's recommendation on the midge jaws I might have to give them a try seeing that he sent my soem 28s, 30s and 32s to torment me.(and I thought he liked me...) I have had my PEAK for 4 + years with nary a problem.

Mark,
    I'm just trying to spread another "Dark Side" to get you hooked on

Texfly, I tie down to 32's and except for my "Overgrown" Arthretic(kant spel eder) fingers the Peak with Micro Jaws works great. They(Peak) do say not to use larger than 18(I think) in the Micro's

3. Default

Just another recommendation for the Peak Vise. I've had mine now for 4+ years as well, and other than a little tarnish on the brass... looks and works like brand new. I've never experienced any problems with hooks slipping, and regularly tie down to size 22 with the standard jaws. This vise can not be beat from a cost/benefit perspective.

mAngler

Default I like mine too

Have had my Peak for 4 years and love it. I tie trout patterns down to 24 with no problem-- and I do alot of smallmouth bear hear jigs with stout 3/0 Gammi hooks with no issues either. Great quality and value. Take care

Wow, first post on here!!! Just been reading alot.

I have had a peak for a few months now and love it! Best deal out there, I have done 5/0 saltwater flies and just started doing some #20 dry flies on it. I like the weight, doesnt move around at ALL! I would get it and its make in the USA

I not only have some I sell them and they are very well made and really nice. For the money it would be hard to beat. I do have 2 other well know brands too, but both cost more and really not made any better.
    Skip

Just to throw one more opinion in the loop, I didn't much care for the big white pedestal (too bulky to truly be very mobile) so I got the clamp when I got my peak a couple of years ago. I did pick up a generic pedestal base from Cabela's that works fine and travels well. I have no complaints otherwise, solid vise...I love mine.

I've had a Peak for a number of years (it's the original, with the bent shaft). It doesn't get a lot of use as I tie flies only as a means to an end and I don't get to pursue that end as often as I would like! It is rock-solid. I agree that the base is a little over done, but you can count it when you need to. I have not had any problems with holding hooks.

Jeff

Just wanted to bring this thread up to date. Just received my new Peak pedestal vise and all I can say is WOW! This think is built like a tank! It hold's the largest streamer hook's I have yet delicately hold's my smallest midge hook's. I can see why there such a popular vise.Thank's to everyone out there for the feed back which helped me decide to buy it. Also a big thank's to Skip at Thumpit Jig's for the easy and speedy service when I purchased the vise. For anyone else who may be on the fence about a new vise , the Peak is a real winner.

Smile

Why is it that when a person asks for comments about a specific product there are always some folks responding who have no experience with the product? How would you like it if you went to a Dentist with a ache in a molar and he responded by telling you about a chip on an incisor?

+ Reply to Thread