+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ohio steeheading

I don't have a particular date in mind. I think I will swing over and check that site recommend earlier and read some reports. I would bet that a couple weeks wait would be a good idea. then watch the weather so the flow is decent

I have no clue where on the river to even start scouting and fishing but like the idea of winging it and meeting up with you (all)

Been out trying to get my deer. Hope to start fishing soon.
    I have the three days off before thinksgiving if any of you would like to get together then let me know.

Got my deer now time to fish

congrates on the deer. Nothing beats a Buckeye deer.

Guys take a look a some dates coming up and see if there isn't a time we can meet up

I am free on Wednesdays and Fridays (evenings for both) or a weekend day. I am not a fan of going on weekends and contending the more anglers but if that is the only time I am ok with it

Until the quarter ends in December I'm stuck here during the week. Even if I left after class on a Friday I'd only get up there with an hour or so of daylight left if I was lucky. Weekends work much better but I agree with the not wanting to catch the crowds, especially if there's a big group of us. I'll still keep an eye on this to see when everyone else is free and if I can make it I'll do my best.

I have the 23,24,25 off work and most weekends.

The Friday after Thanksgiving has real possibility. I will have to slip the ok pass the Mrs. LOL but I am betting we might be on to something here

That Friday could work for me also. I'll most likely be in the Youngstown area for the holiday so the drive would be a little shorter too.

Never fished the V for steel, but do fish the Chagrin quite regularly. Later is better, (Dec - April) low water and lots of leaves right now. i would be interested in meeting up and showing you around and fishing the area rivers. I live in Cleveland,(God hates me) and am only 20 minutes from the Chagrin. The V would be about a 45 to 1 hour. Also there is the Black river which I am not sure if it gets any fall/spring steelhead runs. But the steelhead will go up ANY river/stream. There is a small ditch behind my brothers, and every spring/fall he has steelhead in a hole right behind his house.

that sounds great, I think that the leaves and low water would make next Friday not too much fun.

I have not been over to the regular steelhead site to hear about how the V is but am guessing its low and slow (great for BBQ) LOL

I still want to hit the Vermilion but will take you up on the offer to Travel a little farther east.

+ Reply to Thread