+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not impressed with Fly Tyers Dungeon

Default This guy sounds like me

I think that would be the type of one man show that would frustrate me but I wouldn't turn out anything I produced that wasn't stellar, therefore causing the process to be much slower, frustrate me more, and react similar to the way he did to customers. Thank the Lord I don't do retail. My short stint at Home Depot was all the retail I can handle for one lifetime.

Sorry to hear of your experience, Dave.

I've placed 2 orders with FTD this year. I wasn't in a hurry to receive the products, but I believe I received both within 2 weeks, which is very acceptable to me. The products are good, and the prices are GREAT.
    I wouldn't hesitate to order from there again.
    David Merical
    St. Louis, MO

Unhappy

I guess what really upset me, is that I prefer to buy from a small USA business than the big box store. I won't labor this anymore. Other than had my first experience been better I would certainly have given him first shot when ordering tying materials.

If the moderators want to lock this thread, I won't have a problem with that.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

Quote Originally Posted by anglerdave View Post
    Well I finally got a reply back.

" I am sending your check back. I don't have any in stock and I am not sure when they will arrive. Thanks.

If you don;t like how I do business, then never buy from me again. I am a one man band and I make about every material I sell from raw product, dyeing, processing etc., that's why my prices are extremely low. I don't buy from the same distributors as everyone else, but actually make my products, research materials, handle shipping, emails, web site, computer problems (which have been present lately), sweeping floors etc. I' ve been doing this longer than the age of most fly tyers. Emails get missed, problems occur."

Sincerely,

Mad Scientist
    Fly Tyers Dungeon

Needless to say I won't be doing business with him again. I can appreciate that he is a one man band, but when you don't return emails or voice messages, that tells me that he isn't interested in his customers. And I could care less how long he has been doing this. I'm almost 60 and would not use my age as a defense for sloppiness.
    AT LEAST THE GUY IS HONEST !! He didn't give you corporate-speak bull crap. He told you like it is. I miss that in America. Sounds like I might order from him myself. Throw the rat-bastard politically-correct out of office and put guys like this in and we won't have any more mess!!
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

Default Not in a hurry

I spent a lifetime of work doing things on time, in a hurry, by a schedule. Now I do things without a rush and life is MUCH better.
    The quality is good and the prices are excellent. I'm not going to get exercised if a small businessman takes a bit longer than usual.

I like him, too. When last I looked at his site, the fly boxes were on back order.

Hey there Dave,
    They really jumped ya on this one. Obviously he's treated some customers ok but your first/last experience ( on which you base YOUR opinion) was somewhat less than ok. Like you, I too would have blown him off, so fast his head would spin. With me it's always been "strike ONE, your OUT". And that letter........................................
    My letter would have been: "Dear Dave, I'm sorry I cannot fill your order at this time. The items are on back order with no indication as to delivery to me. I still have your uncashed check and can return same if you wish. And if you CAN wait, I'll keep you posted as to a possible delivery date.
    Thank you for your order. I DO appreciate your business."
    Somehow, I think you'd opt to wait.
    Mark
    Last edited by Marco; 11-07-2009 at 01:46 PM.

Place your order a month early. I buyAll my dubbing from FTD and I order a month earlier than when i need it. Doug may be dying a batch of material ONE color for most of the day, and too boot he makes his own material. He also makes dubbing for a few large names in this business, so what you are buying for 1.95 is actually his stuff. I keep close track on my materials so I know where i am in my stock. Perhaps you would be better purchasing local
    Please, support Project Healing Waters....Thank You

+ Reply to Thread