+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Free furled Leaders From FAOL Members...

hi folks until i had a opportunity to fish with bugman one day i didnot know what a furled leader was but out of his good heart he gave me one that he had made it was the coolest thing i had ever put on a fly line. now if someone would tell me how to order kathy's dvd i would.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Hiner View Post
    ...Anybody need a free one?
    Not right now.

But I'm thinking maybe sometime next August somewhere in South Dakota chasing the elusive No Trouts or maybe early September in Wyoming after bending a big cutthroat over my knee, I might find myself streamside needing a fresh one ......
    The fish are always right.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Diamond View Post
    hi folks until i had a opportunity to fish with bugman one day i didnot know what a furled leader was but out of his good heart he gave me one that he had made it was the coolest thing i had ever put on a fly line. now if someone would tell me how to order kathy's dvd i would.
    Go here: http://www.flyanglersonline.com/prorevw/kathyscott.php

I got mine at Gates AuSable Lodge a couple of years ago. He still has some in the shop. They also sell Kathy's leaders there. Saves the hassle. LOL
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh

"Catch and Release,...like Corrections Canada" ~ Rick Mercer

Holy Buckets!

I can't believe what I have just read. Some years back Kathy sent me a couple of leaders (for free) to try. I recently bought another one from her. And have been given a few (again recently) by some members here on FAOL. Do I feel guilty? Nope not one bit.

Enough said.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

Oh man... WOW.

Nothing more than some food for thought:

FWIW, just on THIS thread alone, I think we have at least FOUR "generations" of furlers, IF you include Kathy.

I learned from Jack Hise, who learned from Kathy. There is someone else who posted on THIS thread who I sent a free leader to (just like the ones I did for the swap), for nothing more than for him to try out (even though he did buy some from me afterward), and it sounds like he is going to give it a try now. I was still pretty new at the whole furling thing when I sent him that leader (I still am).

Also, I have now given away a lot more furled leaders than have been given to me. THAT is the spirit I think Kathy had in mind when she made her DVD.
    "Engineers don't idle well."

Quote Originally Posted by Gemrod View Post

Generosity? I don't think so. It's showing off. Sticking out your lapel to say see here...look what "I" can do. I just think too many people are sticking out their lapels to say hey look at me.....

I am always showing someone how, or giving someone something.....just to help them learn or know....because they don't know how. Just to help them along.
    I couldn't agree more.
    Gary

+ Reply to Thread