+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upper Sac, N. CA

Default Come on up !

I've just fished the Sac but I know a lot of secret places that no one bothers with.

Well sure, come on up and help with the sheetrock...after we fly fish for a few days. I keep wanting to try the lake for smallies too...not sure if they're down this time of year but if the lake hasn't turned over, maybe not. There should be some 9 pounders in there by now.

I mean it, come up Rich. How long does it take to drive here from there?

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

pm if you like of course...
    Last edited by MontanaMoose; 10-27-2008 at 07:06 PM. Reason: (sp)

10 hour drive. I wish i could come back right now. I have some pressing stuff at work and then a trip to AZ in two weeks or i would be there.
    Keep me posted if you can, i love fish reports!

Rich

Default 10 hours !

Ok, that's understandable...I might be tempted myself but a 10 hour drive isn't a fun thing for me anymore.

Din't fly fish today...stuck with yard work, sheetrock learning experience and helped the HS student next door with the A/C on his Ranger mini truck. Might should go to the lake tomorrow or maybe check a closer to home part of the river....either that or the north fork Sac. I've heard things.

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

Default Back to the Upper Sac

Well, it's that time of year again...i'll head south in a day or two and will spend a week or so around Dunsmuir/Mt. Shasta CA. This time i plan on visiting the McCloud River too, not just the Upper Sac...though I will fish the Upper Sac and this time i'm prepared to make the more serious hike to get to the 25+ inchers.

I'll be roughing it in the house i'm working on and living like a refuge whilei continue sheetrock work (ATTN: crook33, heh, heh), painting outside and as always working on the yard. Hopefully there will be a few quarts or so of blackberries left to put on my cereal and to return home with. The pears should be good and ripe by now too.

Anyone wants to come up, down or sideways to spend a day or so, shootme a pm and we'll make a plan. October Caddis should be awesome this year.

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

Default Sh*trock

Hey MM,
    I spent the weekend hanging taping and texturing a new room in my house!
    I'll be coming up on Oct. 17th and "probably" fishing the Upper Sac that afternoon. Monday Tuesday and Wednesday will be guided trips to the Lower Sac., McCloud and Fall River. Don't know about Thursday and Friday yet. Would love to hook up with you and see that water with the 25" fish.
    Let me know if you think that might be arranged with your schedule.

Rich

Default October on the Upper Sac

What a coincidence that you should happen to be 'rocking'...heh, heh...yeah, i'm going to be learning about applying tape and then the 'lite' mud over that, then sanding and so on.

Sounds good for the 17th of Oct and if i get jury duty out of the way by then i don't see a reason why i can't come back down just this minute. Will certainly
    try !

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

+ Reply to Thread