+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Advice on 8wt line?

Default Advice on 8wt line?

Looking hard at some 8wt lines for a TFO Pro. Any advice appreciated. I'm looking hard at Rio Outbound Short Belly (on sale big time at one vendor I'm aware of), Rio Mainstream, Orvis Wonderlines (DT now going for $25), and I was wondering about H&H lines. They look like good economy lines and I love H&H, just never heard anything about their fly lines. I know they are fairly infant in that game.

Looking to keep it around $30. I don't spend big bucks on line. But boy how I wish I could plunk a C-note on a sharkskin. That junk is amazing.

Check out this thread on the H&H lines.....http://www.flyanglersonline.com/bb/s...ad.php?t=30741

The Wonderline sounds like a killer deal also!

bobbyg
    When you can arrange your affairs to go fishing, forget all the signs, homilies, advice and folklore. JUST GO.

Default Thanks Bobby

Based on those reviews, I'll probably go with H&H. The Rio on big time sale is still more expensive.

If you can find one on special the Rio Grand is a fantastic line, shoots well, floats high and the back taper means it is easy to mend even at distance.
    All the best.
    Mike.

if I were to be restricted to one line only it would like be the Hi-Floater. I have never read a negative comment about them in almost six years of fishing.

I fish an 8wt more than any other line and I like the Wulff SWF the best.This line casts better than any other line I have tried.The fly line is the most important part of your system so this is no place to try to go cheap.A good line can make a cheap rod cast good but it doesnt work the other way around.

+ Reply to Thread