+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: how tall are you

I am 6'-4" with a 35" inseam. I have an older pair of Simms Freestone waders in XL Kings because of my foot being only a size 12. These are plenty large enough for me. I do not believe that Simms offers that model in the variety of sizes that they used to.

I have seen other manufacturers that have similar size ranges, but not many. They are out there, but it takes a little looking. For some reason, I believe that Dan Bailey has a similar size variety for one of their models.

For a vest, the standard size worked fine. It wasn't so long to get in the water when wading deep. I don't worry about vests anymore because a few years ago I switched to a pack and left the vest in the bottom of my bag.

I am only 5'8" and a 32" inseam but have a son-in-law who is 6'9" and has a 39" inseam. We found waders for him at Sierra Trading Post in Cheyenne, Wyo. They had several choices in several price ranges.

I wear waist high neoprenes as I can fit my waist bur have troulbe fitting my inseam when I try for chest size or my shoe size which is only 8 1/2 med.
    Wyo-Blizzard

Im 6' 3" and I found that the Simms XL King is a perfect fit. I could fit another person in at the waist but the inseam and stockingfoot fit perfectly. A wader belt easily fixes the waist problem. As far as a vest, i don't wear one. I have a hip pack and a chest pack.
    Get Em!

Blog Entries

We found waders for him at Sierra Trading Post in Cheyenne, Wyo. Byron
    labels can be mistaken. we visited Sierra Trading Post and i thought i'd found something for my frame (5'5" 135), but Best Fishing Buddy happily pulled the cord at the top completely shut over my head, thereby encasing me entirely in Gore-Tex.

i'm afraid we frightened a small child nearby--but it was funny! a couple of eye-holes and i would have been ready for Hallowe'en...
    fly fishing and baseball share a totally deceptive simplicity; that's why they can both be lifelong pursuits.

6'1"
    No problem at all and I am long from waist to shoulders(pants inseam is only 32").
    But with that said I use a waist pack
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

Default Ooooh la la

Quote Originally Posted by Fly Goddess View Post
    Waders are tuff if you are a hair under 5' 8" but you have a 36" inseam.
    Legs to the neck as they say

6'5" 300 quite broad shouldered - My problem is the booties are always too small except on the older model Pro Guides I bought last year. Patagonia will make special ones for $40 or so. I loved my Watermasters but I wore out the booties cramming my feet in there. Pants are a nightmare with my massive legs. 44/36 is a tough one to get! I find it odd as well that after 40, the inseam oddly shrinks. Even at a lot of big men's stores I find 54/30. What the heck is that? Dick Cheney?

6' 3" at 220 pounds.
    I generally do not have a problem with stuff, but do buy "Tall" XL Shirts.
    Max

Sounds to me we have the making of a FAOL football team here!!!

Simms XLK 6'1" and @220. Definately need to go with a larger vest though. Once I load my vest up, you can't zip it...
    "They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore." - John Gierach

I'm 6' 4" & 228 lbs. My wife got me a pair of the less expensive waders from Orvis & I've been very happy the way they fit. Not too baggy, not too tight, but with expansion room should I gain weight.

+ Reply to Thread