+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Well, it's been a while...

Welcome home, Roger and you can bring along as many new folks as you want.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Hey Rog...imagine seein' you here!

Blog Entries

Hey Roger,
    Been a while. Do the bream in those streams eat Jitterbees? Where are you heading to in the Ozarks?
    Steve
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went"
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Flats View Post
    Hey Rog...imagine seein' you here!
    I knew it
    Hope you've been saving up some stories for us too, Gary
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

Yeah, dude, imagine that! :0
    Steve, my man...do you know I still have some of your flies? Love them little guys, I call them "Crosby's Nymphs" because I don't have a clue what they really are!
    The bass on those streams respond to No. 6 poppers, of the Accardo Spook variety, in yellow/black. These are small creek bass, two pounds is a big 'un, three pounds is a jaw-dropper. My jaw has NOT dropped yet!

Suzie and I reserved a cabin on the Norfork. We're going to be there for a week in fall. We're planning to fish the White, Buffalo, Crooked Creek. I also think I know where, in a broad area, Harry Middleton lived with Albert and Emerson, and I plan to make what can only be described as a pilgrimage there, with a couple hard boiled eggs and an IBC root beer.
    Best,
    R
    "And look at Elias Wonder. Yeah, take a gander at that buzzard. Forty years ago he was happy, generous, charitable, tall, dark and handsome. Then he took up the fly rod. Now consider him. Uglier than fresh road kill. Evil-eyed, cantankerous, sullen, mean. An anti-social misfit that causes a groundswell of spleen wherever he goes."
    -- Harry Middleton

Hey there Roger,
    I too welcome you back ( home??) . Always enjoyed your "stuff" and hope more is in the mill. Seems like you've "shed a few" since the TV gig of a few years back.

Mark

Thanks, Marco. I have. Between the two episodes of "Fly Fishing America" in 2006 I quit smoking cigs. I gained 35 pounds and had gone from 34 jeans to 40! I made a concerted effort this spring, and have come down to 36 jeans, and am ignoring the scale completely. When I get back to 34, I'll be a happy puppy.
    The older I get, the harder it gets...
    By the way, I'm working with Louisiana Public Broadcasting on another show, just in the state, but I'm excited about it. I've also got an article on fly fishing in La. coming out in "Louisiana Life" in Sept/Oct.
    R
    "And look at Elias Wonder. Yeah, take a gander at that buzzard. Forty years ago he was happy, generous, charitable, tall, dark and handsome. Then he took up the fly rod. Now consider him. Uglier than fresh road kill. Evil-eyed, cantankerous, sullen, mean. An anti-social misfit that causes a groundswell of spleen wherever he goes."
    -- Harry Middleton

Roger,

Weclome back! It's very nice to see you again!

Z

Hello, Roger.
    Welcome back. It's good to see a lot of the old names showing up again.
    I have kept up with the Native Waters site, and still enjoy your stories.
    I hope your beloved bayous are soon healed, and you can fish them again.

Kirk

Good to see you back here again, Roger. And I appreciate the gracious way you came back through the front door.

We seem to be doing things in reverse order. A few years ago I went from (gasp) 44 waist jeans down to 34's and have managed to stay there. I have been using the jeans as my guide ever since. When they start feeling snug or I start overlapping them by more than a small amount, I cut back on the calories and exercise more.

Tomorrow will be 7 weeks since I stopped a 40+-year smoking habit. I can tell this will be a challenge for the 34 jeans, but I'll keep the rule intact and see how I do.

+ Reply to Thread