+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dos and Don'ts Of Night Fishing

I've been bit also but not as bad as you guys. An aquaintance of mine was night fishing & caught a bat. He didn't realize what he had & just thought he snagged some leaves. He didn't turn on his light & just slid his hand down the line. He got bit on the thumb & had to get the rabies shots & from what I heard they are quite painful. Last week I was up in Maine & was in the middle of a caddis blitz right at dark. I was having a ball & all of a sudden I was tangled in my line. I was fishing up stream & figured I had just let too much slack in the line & it wrapped around me ( remember it was pretty dark). I untangled my self & started stripping in line & felt something small struggling on the line. You guessed it it was a bat. Remembering what happened to the other guy, I had turned on my light or I would have done the same thing he did & probably been bit also. I just gave cut the tippet & let him drift away. I understand that they can swim. ( The Skeeters were so bad that I wasn't going to harm anything that eats them)

Quote Originally Posted by FISHN50 View Post
    ( The Skeeters were so bad that I wasn't going to harm anything that eats them)
    lol - oh thats classic

The last time I went to our 'trout heaven' we went in before first light. We used the clip-on lights that go on your hat. I had mine on 'white'.
    I was walking across the stream and spotted 3 browns about 20" huddled together about 3 feet from me. I put the light on them to look at them and they stayed there for as long as I wanted to look at them.

"Easily spooked"?
    Last edited by Big Bad Wulff; 08-10-2009 at 02:16 PM.
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

you guys are WUSSIES!

those arent bites..

those are just love nibbles!!!!

maybe we should think of a "finger fly"

Lightbulb I agree with you Nightangler

Batman here! You are right Woo_ _ _ ! Drown that bat with your net and you got a big wet fly meal for them GERMAN BROWNS!! Come on, when you are out at NIGHT use what is between your ears. Thinking goes a long way to catchings thoes big fish you are after.

If anyone can find a copy of Night Fishing by Jim Bashline READ IT.

Fishin' Jimmy

+ Reply to Thread