+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WTB: 10' 5 wt rod

Default WTB: 10' 5 wt rod

I've been looking for a 10' - 5wt rod for nymphing and float tubing. I don't want to spend alot of money on the rod. The cheapest found so far is a TFO for $195. Looking for used or suggestions Thanks.

Buy the TFO which will come with a no fault warranty for life. $25 will get any damage repaired. There are a few options that are above that price point and maybe some below it but the TFO is a very good option. You could also buy a blank and build your own. Nothing will beat catching that first 24" rainbow on a fly you tied and rod you built.
    Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
    -Henry David Thoreau

Thanks Mumbles. I have been very close to pulling the trigger on the TFO proffesional 4 piece but thought I would get the opinion of members first.

I don't have any first hand experience with TFO Professional series rods. I do have more rods than I should have from my own builds to Sage Z Axis' and Loomis GLX models.

I have a TFO Jim Teeny 10' 6wt that has really impressed me. I've listed it for sale because it sits behind a Sage and Loomis 6wt, but it still is a very fine rod.

If you are patient you may even find a deal on a used one. Best of luck.
    Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
    -Henry David Thoreau

Default Found a rod

Thanks for the great deal Ed. Great doing business with you.

+ Reply to Thread