+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from a new member

Welcome aboard from Tennessee. Pull up a chair and rest awhile. You have found a good source of information here on anything that deals with fly fishing. Surf this site and check out the "ton" of information that is here. By the way, newcomers have to cut and split the fire wood and keep the coffee hot and always bring the donuts. You probably will not have to do that for long since we seem to gain new members every week. The one thing that you will always have to do is wipe your feet before entering.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Default Welcome from another Pennsylvanian

Hi Muskrat,
    This is a great sight.
    I haven't been here long myself.
    Everyone is always very helpful,quick to answer any question you ask and always good advice.
    Chris
    There are no atheist in a trout stream.

Hello from SE Pa, Muskrat. Am new myself but can say it's a good place to hang out.
    Coughlin
    Calling flyfishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job.
    Paul Schullery

Wink

Muskrat, welcome from New York. All the previous posts are right, this is a great place to nose around in.

If you really want to see ugly casts, watch me!

Enjoy!
    Jim

Born to fish - forced to work.

Default Welcome from SW PA

I'm far from a great caster myself, and flies? All I can tell you is that a couple of months ago I tied on a deer hair caddis that I was ashamed to even show anybody and caught a real nice brown with it. Frankly, I think the fish are less critical that I am, so just have fun. By they way, what area of PA are you in?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin Bill View Post
    I'm far from a great caster myself, and flies? All I can tell you is that a couple of months ago I tied on a deer hair caddis that I was ashamed to even show anybody and caught a real nice brown with it. Frankly, I think the fish are less critical that I am, so just have fun. By they way, what area of PA are you in?
    Regardless of what we the fly fisher thing the fish are the only critiques that count. congratulations on your catch!

I thank all of you for the warm welcome. I came here at the urging of Nighthawk. Different schedules so we seldom fish together and with his back now going bad he is out of commission fishing wise. You know, he supplies our neighborhood with free Wi-Fi from his router. All you have to do is ask and he sets you up.

+ Reply to Thread