+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Women's Waders (not Women in Waders)

Default Women's Waders (not Women in Waders)

My girlfriend is looking for some waders & wading boots. Any female anglers out there who can offer up a recommendation regarding women's waders and wading boots?

Thanks

I was really hoping someone else would respond to your question, because I am really death on womens fly outfittings. I have never found them to be as well made, substantial in wearability, or as warm/cool. Get her a good pair of mens waders and boots, sized appropriately for her, and be happy. Just keep in mind that they'll never fit quite as "pleasingly" as womens, but it's not a fashion show, and safety and durability means more to me that looking good.

------------------
    Trouts don't live in ugly places
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Cabelas offers several of thier models sized for women
    Joe

uhh...nevermind

Hi,

I rarely find any that are short enough. If your friend is size-challenged - grin - like me, it can be difficult to get the inseam length even close with men's. Bean's carries one which fits, as does the Hodgeman's extra small (I really like the waist high ones from them, the Simms are too long). We have a Patagonia outlet nearby, and some of those fit great, too.

I know that girth is a size issue often considered (of course), as well as durability/looks/warrenty, but the length is a big deal for me.

Kat

My wife has used both Beans and Orvis Silver Label II's. Both held up for her very well and fit as correctly as waders can. The only thing she would change is the stocking foot size. Currently she is in the Orvis waders, and has 2 seasons on those. She would get them again. My wife is a bit sized challenged at a towering 5' even.

LOL about the length of the mens waders. I always assumed that the stretchy belt was for snugging up the length and cinching it in to fit better! Guys, if you've ever worn womens waders, and I'm not suggesting you ever have , you'd understand why I detest them so! Same goes for the boots, vests, jackets, hats! IMHO
    And, Ursus ... cheesy notes are appropriate any time of year!!
    ------------------
    Trouts don't live in ugly places

[This message has been edited by Betty Hiner (edited 13 December 2005).]
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

" This makes you cute, harmless and slightly pathetic"

Darn I didn't know it was poems that did that to us.

If you want high quality, designed for women waders with a great selection of sizes:
    [url=http://www.simmsfishing.com/za/SIM?PAGE=PRODUCT_DETAILS&CAT=waders&PROD.ID=40960: 122ac]http://www.simmsfishing.com/za/SIM?PAGE=PRODUCT_DETAILS&CAT=waders&PROD.ID=40960[/url:122ac]

[url=http://www.simmsfishing.com/za/SIM?PAGE=PRODUCT_DETAILS&CAT=waders&PROD.ID=40961: 122ac]http://www.simmsfishing.com/za/SIM?PAGE=PRODUCT_DETAILS&CAT=waders&PROD.ID=40961[/url:122ac]

------------------
    Joe

[This message has been edited by flyfisherjoe (edited 13 December 2005).]

I have a pair of men's Hodgman Brighton stockingfoot neoprene waders that fit like a charm and I really like - but I recall trying on about 20 different manufacturers and styles until I found one that did fit. I think the key is to go somewhere that has a good selection and then prepare for stuggling in and out of them. If I had it to do over again, I would have worn something more appropriate when I went to try them on. Trying to get in and out of neoprenes with jeans on makes a rough task even worse (although I do remember the amusement on the faces of the male shoppers). I also purchased the Hodgman Bantam Weight wading shoes, but I can't really say that I like them. They're what I call "monster clompers", and the laces refuse to stay tied (even with knots in them).

I have Bare Waders in both Neo and Breathable, they are mens...I'm 5'8" and they fit fine. For Wading boots, I've had several, but the Chota are the best.

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

+ Reply to Thread