+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Visit with Flybinder - pic heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Valencic View Post
    Great pictures of you and your son. Where are the pictures with Paul? Did you fish with his neighbor? Where are the pictures of/with Paul? Where's the pictures of Pauls beloved puppies and goats? Where are the pictures of Paul? Why do I feel cheated?
    Joe,
    We did fish with one neighbor. Two reasons no pics of Paul.
    1) My camera kept breaking right after pressing the shutter button every time it was pointed at him.
    2) I hadn't asked him yet if it was OK to post pictures of him and I didn't want to do that without him saying it was OK to do so.

I guess a third reason would be this is, after all, a family forum.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by crappiecrazy View Post
    Jeff,
    I just spent some time last week with some people from WA who have a cottage in Seaside. I asked the kids what their favorite things to do. They liked "clamming" also. They invited us to use the cottage sometime. Looks like a beautiful area. We hope to get up that way next year. Thanks for sharing the pictures! Flybinder offered to help me out on my Oregon trip last year but we never made it to Seaside. Spent most our time in the Columiba River Gorge. My wife said that is one fine looking son you have!
    Tom
    Tom,
    Luckily for Daniel, he got his looks from my loving wife.

Seaside is really a cool place. We really enjoyed ourselves. Thanks to Paul, we got to do and see things that we would not have otherwise had the chance to do and see.

Jeff

Blog Entries

My son and I took a trip down the pacific coast highway in the 1980's your pic of that beach brought back memories. Where is that Lewis and Clark location? I have explored their first encampment In Idaho at Long camp where they wintered after crossing the Lolo pass. Its a beautiful spot on the Clearwater.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffnles1 View Post
    Joe,
    We did fish with one neighbor. Two reasons no pics of Paul.
    1) My camera kept breaking right after pressing the shutter button every time it was pointed at him.
    2) I hadn't asked him yet if it was OK to post pictures of him and I didn't want to do that without him saying it was OK to do so.

I guess a third reason would be this is, after all, a family forum.

Jeff
    I certainly hope Henry was the fellow you got to fish with. He's quite a fellow from listening to Paul talk about him. I guess we'll be held hostage here until the left coast primadonna bestows his blessing on your pics.
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

I think I'd have been able to pick your son out as yours ... in a very crowded room!!!
    Definitely need pictures or goat, puppies, and Paul!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

The "pictures of Paul", I believe were explained!? "This, IS after all, A FAMILY SITE"! Also, the Paul in question, doesn't have the extra cash flow to replace the $55,347.19 digital camera that Jeff was using on this trip, had his picture been taken.
    "Nice camera, Jeff!" I remarked while taking a few of the above snaps. "Oh, it's just my "junker-fishing-travel-camera" that's waterproof, 904 gig, auto focus, 12,000,000 zoom........... you know, Flybinder, the usual old "junk" we corporate execs have for trips like this so we don't ruin our "good stuff"."
    Anyway...........due to weather restrictions the first couple of days, of Jeff and Daniel's arrival, (Once he FINALLY realized that "yes, you DO have to board the airplane in order to arrive at your destination"), we didn't get to catch up to one trip I had planned for the both of them to hopefully enjoy.............a trip with Bishop, (my fishing partner of 36+ years") myself and Henry Hoffman to fish Henry's private warm water ponds and connecting trout stream. Finally, however, the day before their departure, we did make it.
    Naturally, as he'd proven several times previous while here.................... Daniel was kind enough to show his father how to not only "cast, mend, lay out line, etc", but also how to actually CATCH fish. Sadly, Henry managed to shame us all by landing a 17" Largemouth. We all caught fish; B-Gills, Cutts and Bass, but nothing close to Henry's LM!

On a more "serious note"................. Jeff and I had talked about "what's it going to be like, to actually meet someone you've only "met" on the Internet, exchanged emails with and a few phone calls and then you spend quite a chunk of cash, a week's vacation time, etc. etc. etc. and THEN??????????????
    Well, I've met and fished with many, many, people in my 30 plus odd years at this sport and I've managed to "tolerate a few", "really enjoyed a few" and "a few bodies will NEVER be found". Meeting Jeff and Daniel for the first time and HOPEFULLY show them a decent time on their first visit to the state of Oregon?
    VERY honestly, I wish we would have had TWO full weeks to fish together!!
    I have gained a remarkable new and dear friend and one could not ask for a better fishing partner. Daniel,who is14, is also one of the finest young men I've ever met.
    ANY father, (or of course, Mother!), would be not only "proud", but I think equally "blessed" to have a son of this young man's quality. True, he DOES HAVE a certain "problem", after eating spicy foods, we sadly found out while traveling around in my enclosed van, but hey.............
    We didn't catch "a lot of fish", we didn't catch "huge fish". Still, my entry for this past week with these two into my fishing log, ran 4 pages just for the fun we had on each outing!
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

great pics..... thanks

Well,
    I did manage to snap off a couple photos of Flybinder before my camera broke. I'm not sure if it was the pictures of Paul or the "aroma" my son was giving off after eating spicy Chinese food the night before. At any rate, the camera seems to be no worse for the wear once it aired out.

Paul, thanks for the complients on Daniel. He is a good kid. Leslie and I are both proud to be his parents.

Since Paul gave permission to post pictures, here are a couple photos of the elusive Flybinder aka Paul.

At Ft. Clatsop

Out fishing:

If you look in the background (right in front of all the rapidly fleeing fish and slightly upstream from the froth worked up on the water's surface), you can see Flybinder in action fishing.

OK, I did see him cast and his claims of being the worlds worst caster are inaccurate. The man can lay out a fly line quite nicely indeed!

Jeff

Thanks for posting those pics of me, my friend!!
    They certainly do, prove two things without a doubt...........
    1) I'm dadburn good look'in.
    2) I'm dadburn good look'in.

Oh and the walking stick WASN'T for my ailing body by the way, if anyone questions that. Jeff and I, both, carried large sticks like those to keep Daniel at bay after his Chinese dinner the night before. Having a new friend now, from a Southern state, I've learned that "A Kentucky Mud Rooster" IS NOT a type of fowl bird. However, it IS "foul".
    Saint Paul-"The Highly Confused"
    You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Jeff,

Thanks for posting the pics of Paul. He ain't half as ugly as I envisioned him to be.

Paul,

Good to finally have you back posting on the bb again. Sounds and looks like you all had a great time.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

+ Reply to Thread