+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cabela's Credit Card

Normand Guest

credit cards are just like a computer. if you dont tell it what to do, it doesnt do anything! it cant spend if it stays in your wallet! it doesnt get out of your wallet or purse all by itself and wants to spend.

if you have racked up your credit cards to the max, cant pay your monthly minimums then you deserve to to pay a higher interest rate than someone who pays off the balance immediately.

it is unfortunate that the good folks who truly know how to manage their finances are the ones who have to suffer for the ones that dont.

i have also seen on tv and have read on the internet about canceling credit cards and what that may do to your credit score and history. the recommendation was to not cancel a card but to just not use it. lenders like to see a long history of credit. i own my home so that major purchase is out of the way.

i have a capital one "whats in your wallet" credit card and they just sent me a notice that they were increasing my "cash advance" interest rate. ok so what! i have never requested a "cash advance" from a credit card. never plan to do so!

i use my credit unions debit card for most of my purchases along with cash.

Interest rate doesn't matter if it's paid off every month.

If the CC companies ever drop the 20 day grace period from the cycle close to the first finance charge, as some have threatened, than I'll be cutting them up.

The other option is make multiple payments during the month, as you use them send them a payment which is pretty easy if you're paying bills on line.

We have no more credit cards. Don't miss them one bit.
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

Big Bad Wolf,
    So how much cash do you have to carry around all the time? As I stated in my post, I'm not a cash person. I don't need any cash ( almost). With a credit card, I'm NEVER short. If I want/NEED to buy something, there's NEVER a problem. Your credibility is based not on how much money you have but on how much money you are able to borrrow.
    In other words, I'd rather do business with someone who has good credit as opposed to someone with a bunch of money. If I need explain, nevermind.

Mark

Thumbs down

I called Cabela's and begged. I told them I've been a member for 12 years and I enjoyed having the card. I asked them to reconsider. The said NO, and gave me till July 15 to close the card.
    I may be going back to BPS. I'm pretty sure I won't be buying rod building stuff from Cabela's. Too bad, I have a Cabela's just 4 miles from my home.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Big Bad Wolf,
    So how much cash do you have to carry around all the time? As I stated in my post, I'm not a cash person. I don't need any cash ( almost). With a credit card, I'm NEVER short. If I want/NEED to buy something, there's NEVER a problem. Your credibility is based not on how much money you have but on how much money you are able to borrrow.
    In other words, I'd rather do business with someone who has good credit as opposed to someone with a bunch of money. If I need explain, nevermind.

Mark
    I guess I don't understand. I have very good credit and I have no credit cards. Guess I missed something somewhere. I don't carry much cash either. I plan most of my purchases and rarely buy on impulse so don't need cash or cards. I do have a debit card which I use but I also know exactly how much money is in that account.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

Kerry,
    "Very good credit" implies you have a high three digit number rating, probably above 700 .To attain such a number, you must have had some credit extended to you which you paid on time and subsequently, in full. Not having/using credit cards, credit, mortgage, car loan etc., there is no way your creditworthiness/rating could be established. You could have paid for everything in cash and have clear title to same but have a low credit rating. You may be a very credible person but what is your rating? ( hypothetical ?- not asking).This is NOT a question about integrity or honesty. It's a number that is established by your dealings.
    AND, my original statement is more often true than not.

Mark

Normand Guest

why your credit score doesnt matter

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ter.html?cat=3

dont blame me!

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Big Bad Wolf,

Mark
    You're brainwashed.
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

actually your credit is based on ability to pay back(income), and how much unsecured credit(credit cards) you have available to you. The more cards you have the lower your credit score will be and if you have cards and pay them off every month that does not help your credit, or so I was told while working for CITI bank determining who gets a card and who doesn't.

+ Reply to Thread